[BUG] Password vs. password in queue

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
nzbgetlover

[BUG] Password vs. password in queue

Post by nzbgetlover » 24 Jan 2018, 14:46

Something that did puzzle me several times seems to be a bug in NZBget.

Sometimes I do end with two different written password tags in queue. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

I have an idea why this happens, but I'm not really sure. For example: I add a job with Chrome on Windows 10. The password is set. Later I find a typo and change the password with Chrome on Android. At that point changing the password brings no result. The old password is still shown in the GUI. If I look into the queue file, I do see two different written Password tags.

As I said, just an idea, but there's definetely something wrong.

I could see that behaviour on NZBGet running as a service on Windows 10 64bit and running dockerized on unRAID. Both use the same and latest stable release.

Thanks for listening.
Attachments
bla.jpg

nzbgetlover

Re: [BUG] Password vs. password in queue

Post by nzbgetlover » 25 Jan 2018, 09:57

I think I found the problem. Consider:

* Add a download job and add a wrong or empty password. --> After downloading and verifying NZBGet will move that job into the History with the yellow <Password> flag.

* Now put NZBGet into pause.

Two options:

1.) On the history pane click on the link of the entry with the <Password> flag. Click on the Postprocess button. Edit the password and hit Save.

--> Now click the link of that entry again, click Postprocess button ... the old password is shown

2.) On the history pane click on the link of the entry with the <Password> flag. Click Action > Post-process again. Switch to the Download pane. Click on the link of the entry. Click on the Postprocess button. Edit the password and hit Save

--> Now click the link of that entry again, click Postprocess button ... the old password is shown

One of these two scenarios create a second and wrong written password entry in the queue file. Whatever it is, it's about editing the password after a job failed with a wrong or missing password.

At some point I even had no Save button, just a Cancel button on that Postprocess dialog.

As I wrote in my first post. I can reproduce that with NZBGet running as a service on Windows 10 64bit and on two unRAID boxes running NZBget dockerized. All instances of NZBGet use the latest stable release.

Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Jan 2018, 10:36

Correct writing for parameter is "*Unpack:Password".

The chrome extension sends it as "password" and that causes issues.

nzbgetlover

Post by nzbgetlover » 25 Jan 2018, 15:02

No Chrome extension is installed here. I use Chrome as a browser - nothing else. Everything is written with my fingers.

Edit: Password is used in CPP but all of my queues contain password. I did fill them with Chrome, finger-editing the entryfields. I don't get that...

The lower case passwords work for me, uppercase does not work, weird.

Edit2: What does that - found it in webui/upload.js:

var params = info.password === '' ? [] : [{'*Unpack:password' : info.password}];

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Jan 2018, 15:30

Aha, must be a bug then.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Jan 2018, 16:40

nzbgetlover

Post by nzbgetlover » 25 Jan 2018, 22:08