Synology synoindex notifier

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
ronrosenfeld

Synology synoindex notifier

Post by ronrosenfeld » 18 Feb 2018, 14:32

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question, but it has to do with post-processing. Could be an issue with nzbGet, Sickrage, Docker or Synology.

I am running NZBGET and SickRage in Docker on a Synology DS718+.
Within SickRage, I have set the option to notify the Synology indexer. But this does not occur with a number of error messages culminating in "unable to run synoindex : error 2 : no such file or directory"

I assume the issue is that with Sickrage running in Docker, it is not seen to be running on the Synology NAS, and that notification "requires SickRage to be running on your Synology NAS"

Is there a method or script within nzbGet I can use or modify to enable this notification?

Without a notification, the Synology media indexer does not update and new downloads do not appear on my DLNA device.

Thank you.

ronrosenfeld

Re: Synology synoindex notifier

Post by ronrosenfeld » 18 Feb 2018, 15:29

Thank you.

I saw that thread in my searches but was not sure if it would work with the programs running in Docker.
I also was not sure how to implement it.

Do I just put a file containing that script into my nzbGet Scripts directory, and then select it as a script to run in the Settings area? Or is there more to it?

Thank you again.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 18 Feb 2018, 18:08

ronrosenfeld wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 15:29
Do I just put a file containing that script into my nzbGet Scripts directory, and then select it as a script to run in the Settings area?
That'll do it for new downloads. For items which are already in queue you need to select the script individually for them (because changes in settings do not affect already queued items).

Further questions regarding that script is better to ask in the script thread.

ronrosenfeld

Post by ronrosenfeld » 18 Feb 2018, 18:29

Further questions regarding that script is better to ask in the script thread.

Thank you. I will do that. I didn't initially because that thread is old, and I am unfamiliar with practices here.