Install on FreeNAS complete, but error on first login to web page

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
dakaratekid

Install on FreeNAS complete, but error on first login to web page

Post by dakaratekid » 21 Feb 2018, 03:29

Hello,

Following the instructions on this link: https://nzbget.net/installation-on-freebsd, I successfully started nzbget. When I launch chrome, and connect to http://192.168.2.133:6789, it prompts me for authentication. I authenticate, and then get the error:

Error in http://192.168.2.139:6789/index.js (line 750)
Uncaught ReferenceError: RPC is not defined

edit: This error seems to be just a symptom, I hadn't attached storage to my jail when I first posted. When I did, I got a partial (unformatted) display of the web interface, but it seems the service exited with a segmentation fault. So basically, depending on how far the web ui completes before the segmentation fault is what determines the output of the error.

edit 2: I have images of what I'm talking about, but can't quite figure out how to upload them. Do I need to upload to a 3rd party host first?

Please advise me of what I might be missing.

Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Install on FreeNAS complete, but error on first login to web page

Post by hugbug » 21 Feb 2018, 07:43

Please make a test by installing nzbget into a temporary dir on the host (not jail) exactly as described in the docs and test if it works, before doing any changes to config (assigning other dirs, etc.).

dakaratekid

Post by dakaratekid » 22 Feb 2018, 01:05

I did the install on the host (not a jail), just now. The exact same thing is happening.

I neglected to mention my specs previously. The host machine is running freeNAS 11.1 U2, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz, 64GB memory. My install location is /usr/local/bin/nzbget. Is there any other info I can provide?

Thanks

dakaratekid

Post by dakaratekid » 23 Feb 2018, 02:10

Any clues would be helpful. Is this just a configuration issue? Has the current release been tested on FreeBSD 11.1?

Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 23 Feb 2018, 07:02

There was an issue with FreeBSD 11. I did a lot of work to fix this in NZBGet 19.1 and I'm sorry to see that it doesn't work for you properly. Unfortunately FreeBSD doesn't care about binary compatibility making it hard or not possible to provide binaries working on multiple FreeBSD versions. Considering very low usage numbers of NZBGet installer for FreeBSD the only "solution" I see is to drop FreeBSD support at binary level and ask users to compile on their own or obtain NZBGet from their systems repositories.

Have you checked your system repository, maybe it has NZBGet package?