Help with Scripts not Showing up

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
juliem

Help with Scripts not Showing up

Post by juliem » 18 Mar 2018, 09:22

Hi

Version 19.1 on a Raspberry PI

I am trying to get a script that when a file is obfuscated it will rename the film I placed the script in the script folder and applied the same permissions as the other scripts I use.

I assigned the script to the category I am using for these films but the script is not executed.

If I click on the NZB under status I can see 2 of the 3 scripts showing as success at the top of the screen, but the new script is not showing up with a success or failure, it's just missing.

Also if I go to Post Processing there is no yes no option for that script, so it's like it's not being detected.

Any ideas why it's not showing up?

Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Help with Scripts not Showing up

Post by hugbug » 18 Mar 2018, 10:18

The documentation explains how to write scripts - https://nzbget.net/extension-scripts.
If you read the docs and still have issues please post your script.

juliem

Post by juliem » 18 Mar 2018, 18:11

Hi humbug thanks for the reply, the scripts are not ones I have written but gotten from your site. They are not showing up on the post processing tab for downloads.

They are enabled in categories but won't execute or show in the yes/no options.

Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 18 Mar 2018, 20:41

The installation of scripts is simple as:
- put script into directory specified in option ScriptDir;
- open settings page in web ui. If it was already opened switch to downloads tab, then open settings page;
- select the script in option Extensions by clicking on button Choose near edit field. If the script doesn't show up in the list, you have a problem - either the script is not for nzbget or you put it into a wrong directory.

galronn

Post by galronn » 11 Apr 2018, 20:54

I too have a similar problem... I had a hard drive failure and stupid me, no backup, so i need to create new custom script from scratch, which i think is ok but when i execute the NZBGET POST-PROCESSING SCRIPT nothing shows up in the logs that this script ran.But others like VideoSort.py and Email.py did run fine.

Yeah it shows up in the Extension Scripts and it's enabled. I create a new simple hello world script and that one too does not show that it's being executed in the logs.

Could it be that i have
ShellOverride --> .py=C:\SickRage\Python\python.exe

What am i missing?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 11 Apr 2018, 22:47

Click on nzb in queue and history, then on button Postprocess. Is your script selected here?

galronn

Post by galronn » 12 Apr 2018, 19:36

Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled and restored again and that seems to have worked... weird.. Thank again.