Install on WHS 2011

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
DonV

Install on WHS 2011

Post by DonV » 24 Mar 2018, 02:03

Searched the forums and the web and can find very little information or help on getting NZBGet installed and running on WHS 2011.

It seems to have installed and is running but when opening the web interface I get stuck at loading. Tried accessing the web interface from my other machines on the network and I get nothing but timeouts.

Is it even possible to get it running correctly on WHS 2011 or do I have some installation issue?

I'm trying to switch from a very old version of SABnzbd that is running on the server and hear great things about NZBGet but I'm getting nowhere fast. Three hour or so of research and install tonight and I'm stumped and stuck. I know WHS 2011 is getting a bit old but really love having this stuff run on the server, which keeps it going even when my desktop is shut down.

Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Install on WHS 2011

Post by hugbug » 24 Mar 2018, 08:41

DonV wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 02:03
when opening the web interface I get stuck at loading. Tried accessing the web interface from my other machines on the network and I get nothing but timeouts.
Windows firewall is doing its job.

DonV

Post by DonV » 24 Mar 2018, 12:24

It's doing its job even when it's turned off.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 24 Mar 2018, 12:40

Are you sure about this?

If nzbget is running and you see the tray icon and can show/hide console window (via tray icon menu), yet web-browser can't connect to nzbget - firewall is the only possible reason... provided you didn't change connection settings in nzbget. Use troubleshooting menu in tray icon to reset connection settings.

Check again firewall. Maybe you have more than one.

DonV

Post by DonV » 24 Mar 2018, 17:16

Windows firewall on both the server and my local machine on or off made no difference but I made progress by turning off my Asus router firewall. After that I got a username and password prompt and login. It's working now even after turning the router firewall back on, which I don't quite understand but am very happy about. Thanks for get me thinking along the lines of the firewall. Looks like I got a good bit more work to do setting up and getting integration with Sonarr but at least I'm on the way and have already tested some downloads.