Slow speeds on NFS mount

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
tdunks

Slow speeds on NFS mount

Post by tdunks » 20 May 2018, 17:36

I currently run NZBGet in an Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine under ESXi. I also have a FewwNAS vm under this same server which hosts all my media. I have been using SabNZBD up until recently when I upgraded to a gigabit connection and wanted to try to saturate it.

If i have NZBGet download to the vm storage, I get ~80MB/s but downloading into the NFS mount from FreeNAS i get 1-9MB/s. I had SabNZBD downloading into the same directory and it was doing 30-50MB/s. I checked the network speed with ifconfig and get 4gbps (local connection between VMs) and testing NFS with dd gets me ~230MB/s so I do not think networking speed is the problem.

I am at a loss here as to why NZBGet is so slow whereas SabNZBD works well.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Slow speeds on NFS mount

Post by hugbug » 20 May 2018, 18:23

Put QueueDir, NzbDir and QueueDir onto local drive. If possible also put InterDir on local drive.

With that config files will be downloaded locally and only unpacked into NFS. InterDir is used during downloading and requires considerable amount of space; if you can't have much space locally put it on NFS too.

Now make sure ArticleCache is active and DirectWrite is active also. Try disabling FlushQueue.