[Solved] NZBGet v2.0 Segmentation Fault on CentOS 7 on Startup

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
l2g

[Solved] NZBGet v2.0 Segmentation Fault on CentOS 7 on Startup

Post by l2g » 23 Jun 2018, 23:33

Hugbug,

This is a real strange one because after the segfault, it starts up. with ulimit set to unlimited it'll even drop a core file on both nzbget -D or nzbget -S. But the service is still running (so maybe the segfault is happening on one of the closing parent processes when you fork() ?

I'll PM you the core dump file if it's any use to you, otherwise things 'appear' to be working. Before i fully package your app and share it with all Fedora/RedHat/CentOS users (via RPM and nuxref), i just want to iron this out with you if possible. i wouldn't want some systems to drop a core file each time it starts up.

I don't mind making a small patch file on my end if necessary (no need to recreate a new build if we figure this out).

Update: Hugbug was once again a hero and solved the problem here.
Last edited by l2g on 28 Jun 2018, 23:00, edited 2 times in total.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: NZBGet v2.0 Segmentation Fault on CentOS 7 on Startup

Post by hugbug » 23 Jun 2018, 23:46

A core file would be very helpful but it needs to be created by debug version of the program. Can you reproduce issue with nzbget compiled in debug mode (./configure --enable-debug, then don't strip)?

l2g

Re: NZBGet v2.0 Segmentation Fault on CentOS 7 on Startup

Post by l2g » 24 Jun 2018, 00:09

Interestingly enough the --enable-debug switch causes 2 core files to be created (instead of 1) when i launch nzbget -D

I didn't realize i can't attach items to private messages so I'm just going to fire you the details in an email; Standby! :)