Obfuscated files not getting renamed

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
kjKmcQN3

Obfuscated files not getting renamed

Post by kjKmcQN3 » 13 Sep 2018, 14:36

I've recently started noticing that on a lot of downloads, the files don't get renamed correctly post download and continue having their obfuscated name. Here's an example:
Nzb name: Rapid.Rivers
File I find after download completes: /Downloads/complete/Rapid.Rivers/asdj2hasfma294823hfams.mp4

I have been using NZBGet for years and haven't faced this issues before and so wonder if it is to do with changes brought about in the update to version 20. I would like to note that I use SickRage (in conjunction with nzbToMedia) for TV shows and VideoSort for Movies and have not faced this issue with these categories. However, I use EasySort for other downloads and have noticed it there. Might it be something to do with the script? I think not as downloading a file without the script also results in an obfuscated filename but am not sure.

I have tried playing around with the Download Queue>FileNaming option (it was set to Auto and I tried to set it to Nzb) but to no avail.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Obfuscated files not getting renamed

Post by hugbug » 13 Sep 2018, 18:36

Nzbget doesn't rename downloaded files. That's a job for scripts or other applications.
VideoSort can rename files, EasySort can't (that's the main difference between scripts).
If you check the log of the download (click on history item, then button Log) then among other things you'll see output from unrar which also prints names of extracted files. You should see obfuscated names there because they are the original file names used by posters.

kjKmcQN3

Re: Obfuscated files not getting renamed

Post by kjKmcQN3 » 13 Sep 2018, 19:08

Ah. Thanks for the information. Is there any way around it, i.e., get downloaded files to be renamed as per the nzb name/name of enclosing folder and then moved to a selected location?