Downloads marked as bad

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Wizzzard

Downloads marked as bad

Post by Wizzzard » 18 Oct 2018, 12:23

I've did some research on this but couldn't find the exact explanation on how this works.

When a download fails due the health check a warning message appears in the log stating the download is marked as bad. In the warning message the nzb filename is displayed. Does this mean new downloads with the exact same nzb filename are automatically skipped because nzbget thinks they are bad?

In my case my downloads are provided by an indexer which has multiple uploads from different posters which use the same filename. All these downloads are now failing. There is a possibility all these are taken down and therefor fail or because the first probably was failed the rest failes automatically?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Downloads marked as bad

Post by hugbug » 18 Oct 2018, 14:36

When a download fails it has status "FAILURE".

"BAD" is a special status which isn't set automatically but rather by user when a successfully downloaded item must be considered failure due to other factors such as wrong audio language, bad video quality etc.

When adding new nzb via RSS feeds NZBGet may skip nzbs if the exactly same nzb (not just filename) was already processed by NZBGet in the past or if the nzb with the same title (nzb filename or dupekey) was successfully downloaded previously. In such cases nzb is either not added to queue/history at all (with a special message in the log) or is added to history with status "COPY" and can be manually moved back into download queue if necessary.

In your case the nzbs most likely fail because they are not available on news servers. Click on an item in history, when on button "Log" for more information.

Wizzzard

Re: Downloads marked as bad

Post by Wizzzard » 23 Oct 2018, 05:42

Hi huhbug,

Thanks for your quick response! Apologies for my late response.

""BAD" is a special status which isn't set automatically but rather by user when a successfully downloaded item must be considered failure due to other factors such as wrong audio language, bad video quality etc."

I'm not setting a status to bad? I don't have set any settings which will do this. (as far as i know, did search trough all the settings but couldn't find anything) Could this be done by the nzbtosickbeard script?

"When adding new nzb via RSS feeds NZBGet may skip nzbs if the exactly same nzb (not just filename) was already processed by NZBGet in the past"

This was indeed what i hoped it would be like but i couldn't find it anywhere.

"In your case the nzbs most likely fail because they are not available on news servers. Click on an item in history, when on button "Log" for more information."

Thanks, i should have looked there first :shock: