"nzbget" in command line doesn't work

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
haltdev

"nzbget" in command line doesn't work

Post by haltdev » 02 Nov 2018, 19:50

I installed NZBget years ago - think with the Atomic installer. Currently on the lastest 20 testing version.

I wanted to make a simple iOS Shortcut to pause NZBGet downloads (sometimes when Im gaming NZBGet starts to download and I need to pause it).

I see there are simple command line commands, ie: $ nzbget -P to pause

However when I try the command, I'm told NZBGet isn't installed and to install it using apt install nzbget

I definitely don't want to install over my existing installation. Is there a way to tell linux (Ubuntu 16.04) that NZBget is installed (/opt/nzbget) ?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: "nzbget" in command line doesn't work

Post by hugbug » 02 Nov 2018, 20:00

Basic how-to on Unix shell:
When you type "nzbget" the system searches for executable "nzbget" in search path, which is set by env. variable "PATH". If it can't find the executable the error is printed. It doesn't mean the program isn't somewhere on your disk, it only means it's not in search path.

So, to fix the problem type "/path/to/nzbget" instead of "nzbget". For example if nzbget is installed in directory /opt/nzbget the command will be

Code: Select all

/opt/nzbget/nzbget -P

haltdev

Re: "nzbget" in command line doesn't work

Post by haltdev » 02 Nov 2018, 20:24

Excellent, thank you! That worked, and with the info you provided about PATH I was able to add the directory for nzbget to the $PATH variable

Code: Select all

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/nzbget
now I can just call it using nzbget.

Thanks!