Adding / Append NZB to "failed" Downloads

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
rub

Adding / Append NZB to "failed" Downloads

Post by rub » 17 Jan 2019, 11:25

Often I have "failed" Post-Process status and these Downloads end up in "Incomplete" folder. This is just the normal behavior and in no way NZB's fault ;-) (Looks like Easynews has some problems generating nzb files and some rar files are missing)

For a workaround: Is it possible to add another nzb to the incomplete Download? That way I couldt easyly add only missing files and have it automatically Post-Processed again.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Adding / Append NZB to "failed" Downloads

Post by hugbug » 17 Jan 2019, 12:40

You can try this:
  • pause download via main round button;
  • from history use command "Download remaining files" or "Retry failed articles" for the failed item;
  • add the second nzb to queue;
  • click on new nzb, then on button "Files" and delete unneeded files;
  • select both nzbs in queue and use command "Merge".

Alternative:
  • download the second nzb (only needed files);
  • manually, using file manager, move files from intermediate folder of second nzb into intermediate folder of first nzb;
  • from history for the first nzb use command "Post-process again".

However if you have fast connection it's usually easier to completely download the second nzb instead.

rub

Post by rub » 17 Jan 2019, 14:20

Thank You. Actually I am using your 2nd method.
hugbug wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 12:40
  • pause download via main round button;
  • from history use command "Download remaining files" or "Retry failed articles" for the failed item;
Now I am Trying your first method but I cannot find "Download remaining files" or "Retry failed articles" in histories (unpack failed) entries.
nzbget-01.png
nzbget-01.png (8.48 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
. At least I can use "Download again.." and have it merged with another nzb. Nice.

By the way:
Another failed download, which failed because of a missing password has this options. Look:
nzbget-02.png
nzbget-02.png (9.9 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
Nice, now I know how to add/change password for postprocessing again. Without pausing all downloads via Green Button there was not enought time to go to downloads an edit settings, because the re-downloading was already done (depends on filesize/download speed)

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Jan 2019, 15:28

rub wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 14:20
I cannot find "Download remaining files" or "Retry failed articles"
There were probably no any files left for download (usually there are a couple of non used par2-files) and there were no failed articles.