Issue with Paths on New Setup (Solved)..OK, Not Solved

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
pitcritter

Issue with Paths on New Setup (Solved)..OK, Not Solved

Post by pitcritter » 15 Mar 2019, 15:25

Yesterday, my Pi crashed. I took the opportunity to start my whole system from scratch. Now, I'm having every download fail. It looks like I've got an issue with my paths, but nothing I've looked at points me in the right direction. My completed folder is a shared drive on my network that I have mounted as:

/home/pi/shared_drives/Movies/nzbget_work/completed/

The log from the failed downloads shows a line like the following in each case:

ERROR 2019-03-15 11:16:41 Could not create directory /home/pi/shared_drives/Movies/nzbget_work/completed/ /home/pi/shared_drives/Movies/nzbget_work/completed/TV/Stephen.Colbert.2019.03.14.Christine.Baranski.1080p.WEB.x264-TBS/_unpack: could not create directory /home/pi/shared_drives/Movies/nzbget_work/completed/ /home:

At first, I thought I had a permissions problem, but now, I'm not sure. The double slash (/completed/ /home/pi) is what points me towards a path problem.

Is this a simple fix?

Thanks,
PC
Last edited by pitcritter on 24 Mar 2019, 17:05, edited 3 times in total.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Issue with Paths on New Setup

Post by hugbug » 15 Mar 2019, 15:48

Double check option DestDir. If you have categories then also check DestDir of each category.

You can also check which paths nzbget is really using by opening http://nzbget-address:port/jsonrpc/config. Backslashes are escaped because of json-format, that's ok.

You can then try changing DestDir to a local path and test one (small) download. Then change path again to remote drive and try again another small download.

pitcritter

Post by pitcritter » 15 Mar 2019, 16:36

This gets more interesting.

I changed the DestDir to a new folder I created, "/nzbtemp". It's owned by pi:root.

I deleted the "append category" and Destdir within category "TV" I'm running the daemon as "pi".

I got the same result.

ERROR 2019-03-15 12:26:21 Could not create directory /nzbtemp/Endeavour.S02E03.720p.BluRay.x264-PRESENT.English/_unpack: could not create directory /nzbtemp/Endeavour.S02E03.720p.BluRay.x264-PRESENT.English:

Are we back to a permissions problem?

pitcritter

Post by pitcritter » 17 Mar 2019, 12:20

I've solved the problem, although my inexperience makes me wonder if I'll cause more issues down the road.

As @hugbug suggested, I looked at http://nzbget-address:port/jsonrpc/config. It didn't help much with the paths, everything looked good.

I did notice that umask was set to 0002. I changed it to 1000 and all is now working as desired.

My system runs on a Raspberry Pi that only accesses the internet through a VPN, so I don't believe that this should create any real security issues.

Again, I admit that I only know enough Linux to be dangerous :D . Was this change something I should not have made?

pc

pitcritter

Re: Issue with Paths on New Setup (Solved)..OK, Not Solved

Post by pitcritter » 24 Mar 2019, 17:14

I thought I had made some progress, but now I think I've found the real root of my problem (no pun intended...)

The change to umask did seem to help, but now I'm having other issues. After a reboot, I get

Code: Select all

Error saving diskstate: Could not rename file /home/pi/shared_drives/Movies/nzbget_work/queue/queue.new to /home/pi/shared_drives/Movies/nzbget_work/queue/queue:
I did a little digging and found that my SMB drive may be the issue. This may be at least partially due to an update/upgrade of Raspbian.

dmesg ouputs the following

[   13.646460] CIFS VFS: ioctl error in smb2_get_dfs_refer rc=-5
[   13.658521] CIFS VFS: ioctl error in smb2_get_dfs_refer rc=-5
I have my router (AC68u) handle my shared drives. It only allows SMB v1 or v2. I've chosen v2.

Here's the relevant part of my fstab

//192.168.1.1/sdb1 /home/pi/shared_drives/TV cifs guest,vers=2.0,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0
//192.168.1.1/sda1 /home/pi/shared_drives/Movies cifs guest,vers=2.0,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0
I realize that is well beyond the scope of support fhrough NZBGet, but I'm hoping that some of the learned gurus here have some sort of input.