Problem with false dupes, help needed!

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Placebo

Problem with false dupes, help needed!

Post by Placebo » 17 Apr 2019, 09:35

I tried to find an answer but search didn't find anything. I have a couple of TV shows that are named in a similar way to things I've downloaded in the past and each new episode is being incorrectly tagged as a dupe, I can of course see them in the history and force the download but it's a little bit annoying so wondered if anyone knows the magic solution to tell NZB Get that a certain show is not really a dupe?

I deliberately didn't name the shows but happy to if that's ok...

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I should add that new episodes are found using Medusa from half a dozen or so search providers.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Problem with false dupes, help needed!

Post by hugbug » 17 Apr 2019, 10:49

Placebo wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 09:35
TV shows that are named in a similar way
That should not cause detection as duplicates. For NZBGet duplicates are:
  • nzb-files with exactly same names (exact match of all characters);
  • nzb-files whose content (information about news articles) is exactly the same (therefore both nzb-files refer to exactly same data although their filename maybe different);
  • items with same duplicate key.

Duplicate keys is the thing which allows nzbget to see different nzbs as duplicates to each other if they contain the same titles/episodes. NZBGet automatically creates duplicate keys only when nzbs are added from RSS feeds and only if the feed contains information allowing uniquily identify titles/episodes. These informations are provided by RSS feed producer (indexer).

Thrid-party tools which add nzbs to NZBGet may also provide duplicate keys via API. If that information is wrong it will cause the duplicate handling troubles.

So now you have to find out which of the three cases above causes items to be identified as duplicates. The reason why a file was discared as duplicate is written into log. If you click on an item with DUPE-status, then on button Log, you should see it. To compare duplicate keys click on button "Dupe" in item details dialog.

Anyway if that is too much info you can just disable duplicate handling via option DupeCheck=no.

Placebo

Post by Placebo » 17 Apr 2019, 16:17

Yep I did disable dupe checking for a while as these two shows kicked in the dupe issues, but that brings in it's own annoyances which is why after a few months I turned it on again in the hopes these shows' dupe check would be fixed, but sadly not :(

I honestly though there'd be some simple way to tell NZBget that a certain show is a new show and not a dupe, these are the shows causing issues:

FBI (every episode of the show) because I previously downloaded the series "Inside the FBI New York" (that's my guess it's not like NZBGet is clear about why something is a dupe AFAIK?) also Murder.for.Hire.S01E01 (and S01e02) but no idea why that's duping.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Apr 2019, 16:47

hugbug wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 10:49
So now you have to find out which of the three cases above causes items to be identified as duplicates. The reason why a file was discared as duplicate is written into log. If you click on an item with DUPE-status, then on button Log, you should see it. To compare duplicate keys click on button "Dupe" in item details dialog.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Apr 2019, 16:55

Step by step:
  • open history tab in nzbget web interface
  • find an item with status DUPE, click on it
  • click on button Log, then button Save to file, post it in this topic or via pastebin.com
  • click button <- to return to main tab of item details
  • click button Dupe, create a screenshot and post it here.

Placebo

Post by Placebo » 17 Apr 2019, 17:34

You're a star thank you so much, I'll post it tomorrow 👍

prinz2311

Post by prinz2311 » 17 Apr 2019, 21:02

Just a quick look in the medusa code showed me that the dupekey for shows that are from tvmaze or tmdb and not from thetvdb or tvrage will not be generated correctly. They will only have the season and episode number(s) as key without a id for the show, which results in the same dupekey for all episode with the same number regardless which show they are.

So if my guess is correct that your problematic shows are using tvmaze or tmdb then it's a medusa bug and you have to report that to them to fix.

Placebo

Post by Placebo » 18 Apr 2019, 16:14

prinz2311 wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 21:02
Just a quick look in the medusa code showed me that the dupekey for shows that are from tvmaze or tmdb and not from thetvdb or tvrage will not be generated correctly. They will only have the season and episode number(s) as key without a id for the show, which results in the same dupekey for all episode with the same number regardless which show they are.

So if my guess is correct that your problematic shows are using tvmaze or tmdb then it's a medusa bug and you have to report that to them to fix.
You're spot on the two shows in question I'd added to Medusa with the TV provider choice being TVMaze, I've deleted them both from Medusa and readded with TVDB (TVRage no longer exists), so hopefully that will resolve the problem. I can see now I know what I'm looking for which shows have incomplete dupe information because of the same cause as you mentioned so if they become problematic I'll fix in the same way (and of course will add new shows with TVDB only until this bug is resolved).

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 18 Apr 2019, 16:21

Placebo wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 16:14
until this bug is resolved
It can be resolved only if you report it.
prinz2311 wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 21:02
it's a medusa bug and you have to report that to them to fix.

Placebo

Post by Placebo » 18 Apr 2019, 16:28

I have done, thanks :)