Opera now flagging nzbget "Out of memory"

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
JackD

Opera now flagging nzbget "Out of memory"

Post by JackD » 15 Aug 2019, 09:49

I have an Opera browser running 24/7 for as long as I can remember with the same tab list of 25, including nzbget.

Opera recently updated, and it looks like it added tab isolated memory management that now flags nzbget as "Out of memory" - once a day here.

A simple F5 refresh of the tab restores the nzbget view, I now do this each day.

This tab process halt only happens on the nzbget tab, none of the others are affected... for example, I have Emby self-hosted app running in another tab, and remote web pages in others.

Date: 15 Aug 2019
Memory usage: 53%
Install path: "C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Opera\launcher.exe"
Version:62.0.3331.68 Opera is up to date
nzbget 21.1-testing-r2311 server-mode
nzbget addons, "Completion", "Unzip", "PasswordDet", "FakeDet", "RevName", "SickGear-NG", "IMDBWatchlist" and some RSS feeds are enabled too, therefore, logs are likely larger than the default, and nzbget always lists "Messages (1000)" in the top menu bar.

Screenshot...

So, nzbget is growing in memory usage until Opera puts a halt on it, perhaps the Logs view is not releasing ?

Thanks.

sanderj

Re: Opera now flagging nzbget "Out of memory"

Post by sanderj » 16 Aug 2019, 08:33

I would say: monitor memory usage of nzbget tab with SHIFT + ESC

JackD

Re: Opera now flagging nzbget "Out of memory"

Post by JackD » 19 Aug 2019, 09:38

sanderj wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 08:33
I would say: monitor memory usage of nzbget tab with SHIFT + ESC
Thanks for the tip, Opera has run with your suggestion for a few days now, the memory footprint on that tab isn't remarkable and seems stable enough. I also reduced Logging->LogBuffer from 1000 to 500 and the Opera "Out of memory" page hasn't displayed since, which is perhaps a good pointer. Now it will be put back to 1000, to see if, and how long Opera takes to trigger the original reported symptom.