TLS-Socket: error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
NOTORIOUS VR

Re: TLS-Socket: error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac

Post by NOTORIOUS VR » 03 Apr 2020, 14:56

lasdjlasda wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 07:17
I guess we are waiting for more information from you, NOTORIOUS VR or someone else.. post them logs!
Bringing this back from the dead.

I installed a fresh NZBget instance on a separate "appserver" that I use for Docker instances - all is well there... Downloading the same NZB on both servers - my old/original server is having a TON of issues with SSL and even downloading bad blocks :shock: (FYI: moving to a non SSL server connection - the bad blocks stop)

Where as the new/fresh docker instance downloads the file with SSL cleanly and without error and no bad blocks.

I"m going to assume this is also likely why I am having speed issues with my original nzbget instance (having more and more issues having sustained downloads at 80MB/s) - but I'll have to do some more specific testing to be sure.

what logs are you looking for specifically - I don't see any useful info in nzbget.log to be honest (just the usual messages I see in the GUI).

If you want me to do something specific let me know and I'll be happy to help

EDIT: I've now gone so far as upgrading from openssl 1.0.1 to 1.1.1 - no change and once again starting from scratch even with the latest dev. build of NZBget.

I have no idea what the cause is, but it's extremely frustrating.