Web UI available from LAN PCs, not main PC

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
pjpjpjpjpj

Web UI available from LAN PCs, not main PC

Post by pjpjpjpjpj » 15 Nov 2019, 18:49

I run NZBGet on a Windows 10 PC, set up as my main home media 'server'.

NZBGet is up and running, and works great with my Sonarr and Radarr and NZBPlanet account.

From any computer on my home network, I can access the NZBGet Web Interface at my media server's static IP and the standard NZBGet port (192.168.XX.XXX:6789). Which is great. Radarr and Sonarr can also be accessed through their web interfaces using the media server's static IP and their own ports (7878 and 8989).

But when I am on the actual media server (which I access through TeamViewer), I cannot access the NZBGet web interface at either 192.168.XX.XXX:6789 or localhost:6789. If it helps diagnose the issue, when I am on the actual media server, I can only access Radarr and Sonarr at localhost:7878 and localhost:8989 (I cannot access them using the full IP addresses).

I'm not concerned about the IP address vs. using localhost. But right now I cannot access the NZBGet web interface on my computer at all.

>I've messed around with my Firewall, even turning it off, but that doesn't have any impact (nor should it, I think);
>I am running all three apps as services.

Edit: The icon also does not appear in my system tray, but if I try to execute the exe, it says an instance is already running. I also see it in my task manager as an active process... and I know it is working.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Web UI available from LAN PCs, not main PC

Post by hugbug » 15 Nov 2019, 19:03

How option ControlIp is set in nzbget? Default is "0.0.0.0".

pjpjpjpjpj

Post by pjpjpjpjpj » 15 Nov 2019, 19:11

Solved- Thank you.

ControlIP was set to the static IP address of my home media server ("192.168.XX.XXX").

I only have one network interface card on the computer, and so I've changed it back to the default 0.0.0.0 and restarted NZB Get.

I can now access the NZB Get web interface at "localhost:6789" on the home media server PC.

Thank you.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 15 Nov 2019, 19:23

Even with one interface if the binding address is set to the network address (192...), it will not bind to 127.0.0.1. Usually you should be able to access webui via network address but it seems to be blocked on some level.