? and < characters not liked in password nzb filename

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
MrVideo

? and < characters not liked in password nzb filename

Post by MrVideo » 29 Nov 2019, 11:32

When ? and < are included within the {{ and }} characters of the nzb filename, NZBGet turns them in underscores, resulting in the file not being decoded. I suspect that > will have the same issue.

Just noticed that it doesn't like the $ character either. It gets stripped.

What needs to be done to get NZBGet to leave the characters intact?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: ? and < characters not liked in password nzb filename

Post by hugbug » 01 Dec 2019, 16:15

Some characters are not allowed in file names on certain operating systems. Such characters are replaced, regardless of current operation system, because the destination drive can be on a remote computer running other OS.

Since nzbget doesn’t use passwords from file names, you use a script, I guess. This script should be adjusted to extract password from the filename instead of nzb title.

MrVideo

Re: ? and < characters not liked in password nzb filename

Post by MrVideo » 02 Dec 2019, 03:46

Yes, the PFFTN_2X script on my Fedora Linux box is used to extract the password from the nzb filename. Yes, having those characters in file names causes a problem when dealing with those filenames on the command line. But, the program obviously can see those characters and substitutes the _ for them, except that the $ character is just stripped.

The question now becomes, does NZBGet do the replacing/stripping before handing the filename off to PFFTN_2X, or is the PFFTN_2X script doing the character mangling?