Conf files and config template

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
homerjs

Conf files and config template

Post by homerjs » 26 Dec 2019, 12:06

After installing NZBGET I restored an old conf file that messed up webui path and other items.
So I went to the main nzbget.conf located in the nzbget directory and started editing the paths there.

I got NZBGET to work but some menu items were missing, but it worked. I have now read that this is not the conf file I should have edited but doing so did allow me to get webui and NZBGET essentially working.

Is this correct that I should not have edited this conf file?
When I put the example conf file back in the webui doesn't work but if I only edit the webui of this default conf then I get the webui to work but when I try and make changes in hopes that it will save these changes to wherever my conf file is I get an error 503 after saving.

Am I way off base here, I am confused for certain, thank you

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Conf files and config template

Post by hugbug » 26 Dec 2019, 15:18

I suggest you to install nzbget again using official installer from download page. Then use "restore settings" in settings -> SYSTEM and import only settings related to News Servers. Configure the paths manually using web-interface.

homerjs

Re: Conf files and config template

Post by homerjs » 26 Dec 2019, 17:09

thanks for the reply.
So what I did was take the default conf file and edited the webui dir path and the conf.template path only.
I then restarted my NAS and it worked, the error 503 went away and some of the configuration settings were actually there.
I then was able to use the web interface to change the settings to proper path for unrar, 7za, scripts pathway and then config my email settings.
Running ./nzbget -s now gives me no errors and ./nzbget -D starts it also with error messages

Everything is now working as it should, been a tedious process but managed to learn a few things along the way.

Can you tell me the syntax to remove nzbget if I ever need to do this?

thanks for your reply