moving completed file help

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
iamnotmad

moving completed file help

Post by iamnotmad » 08 Jan 2020, 14:28

Hi folks, sorry if I'm being dense, can't seem to get this, I'd like the D/L, unpack, rename, etc done in the temp/DL dir, then moved to it's category location once complete. What settings would force this to happen.
Appreciate the help, sorry if it's obvious and I'm missing it.
Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: moving completed file help

Post by hugbug » 08 Jan 2020, 15:00

From performance perspective it's better to leave things as they are.
But if you really need this you can use pp-scripts to move completed files elsewhere. See for example scripts VideoSort and EasySort in scripts section of the forum.

iamnotmad

Post by iamnotmad » 09 Jan 2020, 15:35

Thank you, I do use videosort already, so it looks like I would leave the normal "categories" to default, or some temp location, then use the directory fields in videosort to specify the final location and it would move them there when completed, is that correct?
Thanks!

iamnotmad

Post by iamnotmad » 23 Jan 2020, 16:28

So that basically works, but I have multiple directories for Movies and TV shows - I separate 4K vs. other into two separate directories. Using that method with videosort, does not seem to be able to support that if I want to DL to a temp dir then move to final dir since there's only 1 Movie destination, and despite the TV variations for TV series stuff there's only 1 dir also.

Am I doing something wrong or any other suggestions?
Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 28 Jan 2020, 10:51

You can create a copy of VideoSort (or just a symlink if your OS supports them). Then you'll have two VideoSorts (with different names) in Extensions. You can setup them differently and select them for different categories, via CategoryX.Extensions.

iamnotmad

Post by iamnotmad » 03 Feb 2020, 15:24

Ah!! Thank you! Makes perfect sense.