RSS Auto Fetch Manual Download

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
PSA9

RSS Auto Fetch Manual Download

Post by PSA9 » 14 Jan 2020, 22:38

When FeedX.Backlog is set to yes, the first time it will fetch the list but not fetch the nzb for download.

How can I set it to always work this way?
I would like to have RSS auto check for new items so when I look at the feeds I can see whats new and not downloaded.
If I want to download something I want to manual Fetch the NZB the same way it works when FeedX.Backlog is set to yes for the first time.

Is this possible from Settings or would I need to use FeedX.Extensions?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: RSS Auto Fetch Manual Download

Post by hugbug » 14 Jan 2020, 23:45

Set FeedX.Interval to 0.

PSA9

Post by PSA9 » 15 Jan 2020, 00:40

I was confused and taught with that setting I still had to fetch to see new items but works as I wanted.
How I can reset some Fetched items that were not wanted back to Backlog?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 15 Jan 2020, 07:15

You can't. Anyway you'll probably not achieve what you expect with what's you are doing. The manual fetching fetches current state of the feed and shows only items from current state. It can't show items which were in the feed some time before. If you expect to have access to historical items in the feed that will not work.

dypml

Post by dypml » 30 Jan 2020, 07:55

PSA9 wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 22:38
When FeedX.Backlog is set to yes, the first time it will fetch the list but not fetch the nzb for download.

How can I set it to always work this way?
I would like to have RSS auto check for new items so when I look at the feeds I can see whats new and not downloaded.
If I want to download something I want to manual Fetch the NZB the same way it works when FeedX.Backlog is set to yes for the first time.

Is this possible from Settings or would I need to use FeedX.Extensions?
well if you just want the Feed to load and not download everytime the feed fetches new items, just select following in the RSS setting...
Also to add, if you have fetched RSS for the 1st time, backlog flag is used, after that it has no effect on RSS feed