Get help, report and discuss bugs.
fepahuwy

NZBGet Nvidia ShieldTV pro 2019

Post by fepahuwy » 31 Jan 2020, 13:26

Hi all,

I am configuring my new NVIDIA Shield TV pro and successfully installed NZBGet
"Frontend and Downloader App":

https://github.com/nzbget/android/relea ... 36-bin.apk

However, the Daemon does not automatically start after the shield went to sleep mode. I have to manually open the app once. *Resolved, works after restart, sorry*

Also, the App can not write to directories on external HDDs outside of the sandbox / "NVIDIA_SHIELD" folder.
Even though I have have checked the Apps permissions for "file access" (the only permission one may enable).

Unfortunately, I could not find a handy guide on Google or here since yesterday and am quite certain it would be of ue for many new AndroidTV owners.

So, how can I enable write support for external USB HDDs?

Thanks!
Last edited by fepahuwy on 31 Jan 2020, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: NZBGet Nvidia ShieldTV pro 2019

Post by hugbug » 31 Jan 2020, 21:27

The daemon process (nzbget itself) cannot write outside sandbox but the launcher app can. It has settings to move downloaded files after their are completed by the daemon.

fepahuwy

Post by fepahuwy » 31 Jan 2020, 23:21

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately, I get the error message "Could not retrieve nzb categories, please make sure the daemon is running".

The daemon is running and works.

I can not read the (quite important) text under the error messages overlay.
I will now try to remove all categories i created via the web interface and try again.

* I removed the categories and could then choose the default category. I further installed a browser to open the web interface from the companion app, the interface throws "err: connection refused*.

I changed the AuthorizedIP for privileged access from 127.0.0.1 to "localhost", since that's the page the companion requests. - No effect. I also added 0.0.0.0 and reverted to the default credentials - No effect.

Is there anything i'm missing?

Thank you very much!

Aphonic

Post by Aphonic » 27 Jan 2021, 05:39

Did you ever find a solution to this by chance? I’m trying to output the files to a mounted share to streamline file copies on post processing but can’t accomplish that for the same reasons.