Categories Aliases not working for me as expected

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
womo

Categories Aliases not working for me as expected

Post by womo » 11 Jun 2020, 21:11

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but Aliases are not working as expected for me.

I've created a Category named "Anime" and defined the Alias as "TV > Anime"
(Without the quotes of course but WITH the spaces within the quotes)
I save, and then completely Reload form System.
I then use my indexer and download an anime nzb which gets added to the NZGet queue.
The file downloads successfully but it get place in the DestDir, not the Anime folder.
When I check the download details in history no category has been assigned.
Below is the header of the NZB in question

<head>
<meta type="category">TV &gt; Anime</meta>
<meta type="name"> YuushaNi Onee-chan HEVC 1920x1080 AAC </meta>
</head>

I tried with another indexer. It uses the same header and "category". Same result.
Tried using the alias "TV &gt; Anime, TV > Anime" thinking maybe the char entity was being read literally.
Same result.

What am I missing?
Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Categories Aliases not working for me as expected

Post by hugbug » 11 Jun 2020, 23:14

Nzbget doesn't read meta-tag from nzb-file. Instead the category is set when the nzb is added. The category is then mapped via aliases. If you add nzb via webui or via RSS or your indexer sends it to nzbget via API this should work.

If you need the category from meta-tag you can use script MetaCategory https://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2999. The category sets by the script will still not be mapped via Aliases but you can modify the script to set correct category (based on category read from meta-tag).

womo

Post by womo » 11 Jun 2020, 23:16

Great thanks for the quick clarification, I'll look in to that further...

womo

Post by womo » 17 Jun 2020, 19:09

MetaCategory works great. I don't understand though, if NZBGet doesn't read the category tag from the NZB header, and Sonarr uses the Sonarr/Downloader-specified category, how and when would Aliases ever come into play? Just when nzbs are Added manually?

Also... If a user-category name matches the category assigned by the MetaCategory scan-script, should the extension script(s) for that user-category run? MetaCategory output shows up first in logs so it seems it should. And should the user-category's "Aliases" work and run the extension script(s) if matched? In other words is the MetaCategory category once assigned fully available to the rest of the NZBget functionality?