Categories and aliases questions

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
womo

Categories and aliases questions

Post by womo » 21 Jun 2020, 16:52

MetaCategory works great. I don't understand though, if NZBGet doesn't read the category tag from the NZB header, and Sonarr uses the Sonarr/Downloader-specified category, is Aliases only for when nzbs are Added manually in NZBGet?

I notice that MetaCategory output shows up first in the log so it seems like the category it assigns should be available to the rest of the NZBget functionality. So should the user-category's "Aliases" run the extension script(s) if the category matches the user-category (name? alias?) Should the extension script(s) for that user-category run?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Categories and aliases questions

Post by hugbug » 21 Jun 2020, 17:07

Aliases are always used except when the category is set via scan-script such as MetaCategory.

womo

Post by womo » 23 Jun 2020, 03:59

That doesn't seem to be happening for me...

I created a Category that I named "Anime" with Alias set to "TV > Alias".
(I've also tried using "TV - Anime" as per examples. Also "TV > Anime". Which is correct?)

In the Anime Category's "Extensions" I entered "testprint.py" (simple scan-script that prints out a test line to log)

I add an nzb into the NZBGet Watched folder, which contains the following tag in the header:
<meta type="category">TV &gt; Anime</meta>

The nzb is found and downloaded fine but it's put in the Completed folder (not a child folder for "Anime" which happens when I run my scan-script that sets the Category directly to "Anime"). This would indicate I think that NZBGet isn't reading the nzb's category tag.

The Anime Category's extension script testprint.py doesn't seem to run either, as the printout line doesn't appear in the log.

The MetaCategory scan-script was disabled entirely when doing this.

What am I missing here..? Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 23 Jun 2020, 17:52

Nzbget doesn't process meta-tag. Therefore if you put nzb into NzbDir it will be added with empty category. So nothing to map via aliases.