Reverse Proxy (URL Rewrite in IIS)

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Crazyaussie21

Reverse Proxy (URL Rewrite in IIS)

Post by Crazyaussie21 » 15 Jul 2020, 21:50

HI, I have been setting up a URL Rewrite for my Sonarr, Radarr and NZBGet, I have been successful in getting it to work with both Sonarr and Radarr thanks to their support of base URLs.

However I have been unsuccessful in doing the same for NZBGet.

I have checked the error logs through Failed Request Tracing, and I noticed some of the requests drop the .duckdns.org from the end of the request, but not all.

I have been trying to getting information on Regular Expression and IIS URL Rewriting, but I have not had a lot of time to delve into the deeper understanding of either to get more information.

Below is what I receive when I got to website, plus the inbound & Outbound rules in IIS => URL Rewrite
(NOTE: I have blanked out the server name and the port assignment as the ports were originally forwarded and currently the web server is accessible externally (albeit password protected)
However it is a http://<DOMAIN>.duckdns.org domain.
NZBget_rp_issue.jpg
Reverse_Proxy_Inbound_Rule_rp_issue.jpg
Reverse_Proxy_Outbound_Rule_rp_issue.jpg

Crazyaussie21

Re: Reverse Proxy (URL Rewrite in IIS)

Post by Crazyaussie21 » 27 Jul 2020, 01:11

I fixed it!

After countless hours trying to resolve it, I have resolved the issue!
I had to make use of the Virtual Directories.

As far as I can tell, with my limited knowledge of IIS and Virtual Directories, I was using the Default Website (<domain>.duckdns.org) however, adding a virtual directory inside that default Site, made the base URL nzbget instead of it looking for the root of the url.

As a result this has worked.

Now the only problem I have, is I have to have / at the end of the url (eg: <domain>.duckdns.org/nzbget/) otherwise it breaks the css like before, I am trying to work out how to use HTTP redirect in IIS to redirect /nzbget to /nzbget/

Will do another reply detailing what I had to do to resolve it once I get home.