nzbget -D not working

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Pseudomax

nzbget -D not working

Post by Pseudomax » 18 Mar 2021, 08:58

Hi

I am trying to move my NZBGet to a dedicated ubuntu server from my QNAP NAS that has successfully worked for years. However I seem to have an odd problem whereby if I manually load the NZBGet interface using

Code: Select all

./nzbget -s
it starts without a problem. But if I do the same with

./nzbget -D
it refuses to work. I have played around with the location of the files and the permissions (I am not an expert with Linux/Ubuntu) but nothing seems to work. I have read that this may be something to do with the user & group (as I am ultimately trying to auto start using 'systemd' but none of these adjustments have worked.

I have followed:
Installation: https://nzbget.net/installation-on-linux
Autostart: https://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2709

Pseudomax

Re: nzbget -D not working

Post by Pseudomax » 18 Mar 2021, 09:00

Additionally, using the install guide I linked to, is removing NZBGet (to reinstall) as simple as stopping the process and removing the folder created by the

nzbget-latest-bin-linux.run
file downloaded? It seems to work, but I did not know if additional files were left over from the installation that may corrupt a reinstall?

Thanks

Pseudomax

Re: nzbget -D not working

Post by Pseudomax » 18 Mar 2021, 19:10

Well, problem solved... perhaps something which would be obvious to linux experts... but for those who are not, the following is worth checking:
I installed in the

/opt
directory which was owned by "root:root". When I changed this to my "user:group" then

./nzbget -D
started working without any problems (and using the same user and group in my system service file worked fie as well)