Really complicated problem bear with me how do I use categorizes & have videosort keep unpacked movie on network drive?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
ng4ever

Really complicated problem bear with me how do I use categorizes & have videosort keep unpacked movie on network drive?

Post by ng4ever » 08 Jul 2021, 23:26

Right now my default folder for complete movies is E:\Downloads\- Complete\Movies I want when I select a different category for it to put it in \\Emby\Movies\Test Movies

When it is unpacking it does move it to \\Emby\Movies\Test Movies but after it is done running videosort it moves it back to E:\Downloads\- Complete\Movies :(

Thanks for any help. Greatly appreciated.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Really complicated problem bear with me how do I use categorizes & have videosort keep unpacked movie on network dri

Post by hugbug » 08 Jul 2021, 23:34

So you want to disable VideoSort for that category? In the category settings in Extensions select something, for example Logger.py. When anything is selected the default global Extensions are not applied and VideoSort will not run (assuming it is selected in global Extensions).

Alternatively use VideoSort only for specific categories.

ng4ever

Re: Really complicated problem bear with me how do I use categorizes & have videosort keep unpacked movie on network dri

Post by ng4ever » 08 Jul 2021, 23:42

hugbug wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 23:34
So you want to disable VideoSort for that category? In the category settings in Extensions select something, for example Logger.py. When anything is selected the default global Extensions are not applied and VideoSort will not run (assuming it is selected in global Extensions).

Alternatively use VideoSort only for specific categories.
No. I still want VideoSort to run just keep the movie on the network drive please.

If that is possible ?

Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 08 Jul 2021, 23:50

One possibility is to set MoviesDir clear. It will then use global DestDir or CategoryX.DestDir as destination.

For more flexibility make a copy of VideoSort-folder, then you'll have two different VideoSorts which you can configure independently and use them for different categories.

ng4ever

Post by ng4ever » 08 Jul 2021, 23:51

hugbug wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 23:50
One possibility is to set MoviesDir clear. It will then use global DestDir or CategoryX.DestDir as destination.

For more flexibility make a copy of VideoSort-folder, then you'll have two different VideoSorts which you can configure independently and use them for different categories.
Ok thanks. I will try one of those options! Thank you again.