Prefixing direct unpacking / downloads?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
FCrane

Prefixing direct unpacking / downloads?

Post by FCrane » 27 Oct 2021, 20:03

Hi!

When direct unpack is used, the program creates a folder with the nzb name and within that, it creates an "_unpack" folder. Problem is, that on the level of the download folder DestDir, I can not tell which downloads are complete and which are currently still downloading! That's pretty annoying. Sabnzbd+ handles this much better, by prefixing "UNPACK_" to the base folder of the download - this way, the user can immediately see if a download is still in progress or already finished.

How do I configure NZBGet to do the same? A possible solution would be to put the direct unpacks in the InterDir folder and then simply move the finished download to DestDir - that's done without any actual copying if the InterDir and the DestDir directories are on the same drive.

Anyway, there should be some way to distinguish finished and still unpacking downloads in the DestDir folder, but I can't find the respective setting...

Regards!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Prefixing direct unpacking / downloads?

Post by hugbug » 27 Oct 2021, 22:28

Maybe pp-script VideoSort (see post-processing scripts section) can solve your issue. With it you can configure nzbget to download everything in a temporary destination folder and let the script move finished files to your actual destination folder.

FCrane

Re: Prefixing direct unpacking / downloads?

Post by FCrane » 28 Oct 2021, 05:43

Thanks for the advice - however, this doesn't seem to work, because I simply want to move the completed download (complete folder) and not just some files of certain type, etc. Seems to be a huge overkill to run that complex script just for copying completed downloads somewhere... I hope there's a better and easier alternative.