NZBGet on DNS-321 with DNS-323 bins?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: NZBGet on DNS-321 with DNS-323 bins?

Post by hugbug » 05 Dec 2008, 11:18

bklynkid wrote:I heard optware stuff runs very slowly.
That's very unlikely, why should it be slow? Optware is a collection of binaries (libraries and programs), natively compiled for a particluar device.
bklynkid wrote:I want to be able to run it just like everyone else.
Then you should use optware. It's a preffered way to run nzbget on NAS and routers. Most users (of NAS and routers) run nzbget on optware, including me :)

If that can make you feel more comfortable - on popcornhour (media player) optware version of nzbget works better than an internal version (compiled for popcornhour libraries). Internal version crashes sometime (because of buggy popcornhour libraries), optware version is very stable; the speed is the same.

Please try optware.

bklynkid

Post by bklynkid » 07 Dec 2008, 14:33

Ok I wanted to really do it this way but I can't even get optware to run. I followed the instruction to the tee but ipkg doesn't launch and when I do a 'ldd' on it I'm told that it is 'not a dynamic executable'.

I'm starting to think there's simply something significantly different from the 323 to the 321. Can I help you make this work on the 321 for all us poor bastards that chose that over the 323?

Pretty please, with sugar on top?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 12 Dec 2008, 15:45

I'm currently working on it.
Let me know your e-mail, I'll send you a binary for testing when I have it.

bklynkid

Post by bklynkid » 14 Dec 2008, 16:12

bklynkid -AT- gmail -DAWT- com

Thanks!!