Compiling on Mac OS X 10.5.3

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
nobody

Compiling on Mac OS X 10.5.3

Post by nobody » 26 Jun 2008, 23:56

I've a huge fan of nzbget and I am currently using it on my NAS machine. It works wonders and I love the low overhead of it. I've decided that sabnzbd and hellanzb are using way too many resources and decided to give the new nzbget a try on my MBP. I have everything installed properly, and I am using the darwinports to install all of the headers and libraries, i.e. libxml and sigc++. But I keep running into the same problem and was wondering what would be causing it.

checking sigc++/type_traits.h usability... no
checking sigc++/type_traits.h presence... no
checking for sigc++/type_traits.h... no
configure: error: "libsigc++-2.0 header files were not found in /opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0."

./configure --with-libxml2-includes=/opt/local/include/libxml2 works just fine.

I've been looking around at the configure file and it looks like it has something to do with the confdefs.h. I just don't know what exactly to do to make it compile properly, aside from doing a bunch of research and figuring it out myself, which might have to be the case. I was wondering if anyone had any insight to get this to work properly

Thank you

hugbug

RE: Compiling on Mac OS X 10.5.3

Post by hugbug » 27 Jun 2008, 07:39

I do not know much about OS X, but can give general hints:

1. Config fails by checking the presense of include-files for library libsigc++ 2.0.

2. Try to compile using the config-switch "--disable-parcheck". If it works you are a step further.

3. Install include-files for libsigc++ 2.0. Could it be that the sigc++-port, you have installed contains only binaries? Have you tried the options "--with-libsigc-includes" and "--with-libsigc-libraries". The first directory must contains subdirectory "sigc++".

4. Download the sources for "libpar2" and check if you can compile it. It also uses libsigc++. If it is compilable, the library libsigc++ is properly installed and the config-script of nzbget probably needs to be adjusted for mac os.

5. It could be a general problem in config-script with all BSD-like OSes. If you find useful info for a similar OS it might be helpful for you.