error while loading shared libraries

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
nobody

error while loading shared libraries

Post by nobody » 26 Jan 2008, 20:04

I'm not proficient at compiling (i686-pc-linux-gnu), I did get some warnings when making par2 (...warning: ignoring packed attribute on unpacked non-POD field 'MD5Hash...), but everything looks OK and $ nzbget (anything) returns:

nzbget: error while loading shared libraries: libpar2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ whereis libpar2.so.0
libpar2.so: /usr/local/lib/libpar2.so.0 /usr/local/lib/libpar2.so

I tried ./configure --with-libpar2-libraries=/usr/local/lib and with libpar2 and sigc++ lib and include paths.

Nzbget appears (nzbget -h) to work after compiling with --disable-parcheck, but I'm not going to be happy without par2. Any suggestions? Thanks.

hugbug

RE: error while loading shared libraries

Post by hugbug » 26 Jan 2008, 21:18

Looks like libpar2 was not correctly installed and linker cannot find the library.

What kind of linux are you using? Are there no any predefined packages for libpar2 in repository?

nobody

Post by nobody » 27 Jan 2008, 00:13

Thanks for the quick response. ZBGet works after installing the two libpar2 rpms. In retrospect, I'm thinking it was the /user/local default, that building libpar2 with --libdir=/usr/lib and --includedir=/usr/include might have worked.

nobody

Post by nobody » 03 Feb 2008, 21:35

I ran into this when installing nzbget on my SmoothWall. I had to edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add my lib path (/usr/local/lib). After editing the file, run ldconfig.