XMLRPC support?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
hugbug

RE: XMLRPC support?

Post by hugbug » 17 Feb 2008, 13:54

Updated NZBGetWeb ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/nzbgetweb ).
Now it shows the nice progress-info during par-check: stage (verifying source files, repairing, verifying repaired files), name of current file, percentage complete (for current file and for whole stage) and remaining time.

It requires the revision 120 of NZBGet from svn.

nobody

Post by nobody » 22 Feb 2008, 02:13

I don't know if I did something or if r127 broke it. There's a

Fault: Code: 2 Reason 'Invalid return payload: enable debugging to examine incoming payload (XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 57)'

at the top of the block where the nzb and log stuff is supposed to be. Only the upload and rate blocks are complete.

nobody

Post by nobody » 22 Feb 2008, 06:26

Whatever it was went away after the queue emptied... The "&" in a nzb filename was the cause.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 22 Feb 2008, 16:02

Thanks for reporting that.
Fixed in r130.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 25 Feb 2008, 21:57

News (NZBGet-server):
- added support for JSON-RPC. It is a RPC-protocol similar to XML-RPC.

News (NZBGetWeb):
- added support for JSON-RPC. The good thing about it is, that PHP>=5.2 has built-in functions to convert to/from JSON-strings, and that functions are very fast. By using JSON-RPC NZBGetWeb communicates with NZBGet-server about 80 times faster than the previous betas (which were using "XML-RPC for PHP") - important on slow computers like routers and NAS-devices. The second advantage is that there are also no need to install any additional packages, like "php-xml" or "php-xmlrpc";

- added support for PHP-extension "XML-RPC" (written in "C") - package "php-xmlrpc". Useful if you must use PHP < 5.2;

- the library "XML-RPC for PHP" used by previous betas still can be used, but you need to download and unpack it manually (see README for details). It is very slow and not recommended. Use it only if you cannot upgrade to PHP >= 5.2 and cannot install extension "XML-RPC" on early PHP-versions;

- NZBGetWeb now chooses automatically what protocol and library to use: JSON-RPC (preferred), XML-RPC using PHP-extension (also fast) or "XML-RPC for PHP" (slow).

- added file-mode to NZBGetWeb.

- project NZBGetWeb does not include thirdparty-code anymore. Previous betas included "XML-RPC for PHP" published under BSD-license and therefore NZBGetWeb itself must be published under BSD. Now, when NZBGetWeb can use two PHP-extension the including of "XML-RPC for PHP" is not needed. This change made possible to publish NZBGetWeb under GPL and merge it into NZBGet-project. It is now available as package "web-interface" in download section of NZBGet. The separate SF-project "NZBGetWeb" will be closed soon.

Appreciate any feedback.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 26 Feb 2008, 10:19

For convenience I created package "nzbget-testing", where I will frequently put a recent version of nzbget, including source from svn and binaries for Windows and few Optware-platforms. If someone needs Optware-target, which is not listed in download section, let me know and I will (try to) build it for you.

Info: "nzbgetweb-1.0-beta-4" requires "nzbget-0.3.2-testing-r131".

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 26 Feb 2008, 18:45

Update: "nzbgetweb-1.0-testing-5" works with "nzbget-0.4.0-testing-r133".

nobody

Post by nobody » 28 Feb 2008, 18:07

I really appreciate the file-mode addition. Is there a way I could add a log view for my post processing script? I tried writing to the nzbget log but it didn't show up in Messages.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 29 Feb 2008, 08:40

That's an interesting idea.

How about a command (switch) for adding of messages to log? Something like:

nzbget -W I "Message from post-script"

or

nzbget -W E "Could not unpack file archive.rar"

?

nobody

Post by nobody » 04 Mar 2008, 19:59

Being able to send a followup to nzbget's "Executing post-process-script..." would be great. I don't see a need for it, but am curious, could it be multiple lines, e.g. nzbget -W I "Message from post-scriptnAnother line"?