Get help, report and discuss bugs.
In the last couple of weeks I've been fighting with stabilizing nzbget on my server - the original code for downloading files from a newsserver did not handle timeouts or stalls of connections graciously.
To handle this I've implemented functionality which cancels a download if it's inactive for a set amount of time. Furthermore I've fixed a couple of other bugs including a couple of potential memory-thrashers.
However before I make a new public release it would be a great help if any brave soul out the could try and run the code found in CVS (there should be a link to how this is done here on sourceforge). Primary reason is that I still have a few instability issues with my own server, but the computer I'm developing on (different from my server) does not have the same problems.
Hence I have a need to figure out how the "average" computer handles the current code.
So once again, if any brave soul could try out the code found in CVS and hit me on the head with any bugs/instabilities I would appreciate it
PS. I've tried to figure out how to remove the "no longer under active development" in the summary-page, but have been unable to. Have also written the sourceforge team about it but have received no response.
In the nature of unstable code - meaning even more unstable than the released versions on the front-page of the project - I have just found fuckup in the current code in CVS...
... Resulting in connections not being freed and the entire downloads halting - at least in worst-case scenarios.
Being at work I can't commit a fix to this just yet, but will commit as soon as I get home - and will post here when having done so.
Have now committed "The fix" (TM)
In my pursuit of better being able to debug the code and whatever situations might occur on other peoples HW I had implemented the possibility to download single-threaded (only 1 connection at a time). However, while doing this I introduced a bug that meant that connections often if not always were not freed.
Having found this I will now investigate if the code is stable enough to make a release from at some not too distant future.
Currently cautiosly optimistic about the present code - it seems my server is now able to download large lists of downloads during the night without halting completely.
The current focus is to get nzbget to a state where it should not be necessary to restart it due to halted connections to the newsserver. At least with the current single-threaded download-code it appears to work (have worked 2 nights in a row).
If the good vibes continue I'll try and see if it works with multithreaded downloads as well - if this works out I'll release a nzbget-0.2.1 afterwards
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests