nzbget and the "near" future

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
placebodk

nzbget and the "near" future

Post by placebodk » 26 Feb 2005, 16:04

Hi there,

It seems SourceForge has granted me the admin rights to this project so I will try to continue the project and expand on the functionality.

My own efforts will primarely be directed towards the console & command-line interface (including the NCurses frontend) and the expansion of functionality between the client and the server.

I'll do my best to provide functionality for other projects depending on, or expanding on the nzbget project as of this date where I have been granted admin rights.

What will happen:

* I'll upload the current nzbget-0.1.2-alt5.1 (including Florian Penzkofer's thread-fix for FreeBSD) - this will become nzbet-0.1.3

* I am currently working on expanding the client/server relationship such that the client is able to list the current downloads, pause/unpause the download on the server, and manipulate with the download queue. The code has already come a long way but I have some small issues I need to fix before going public with the code.

* Figure out how to interface to par2repair

Of course any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

/placebodk

pmorch

RE: nzbget and the "near" future

Post by pmorch » 26 Feb 2005, 19:16

> It seems SourceForge has granted me
> the admin rights to this project so I will
> try to continue the project and expand
> on the functionality

Great to hear that you now have admin rights! Wonderful!

Peter

placebodk

An update

Post by placebodk » 14 Mar 2005, 21:24

Just to give an update to any poor soul who is interested in this, the current code in CVS has expanded client/server functionalities which is mentioned above (client requesting lists, pausing, unpausing, setting the download rate).

However before releasing a new version of nzbget I want to address (and hopefully fix) some of the serious bugs that has come up recently (like downloads pausing, number of threads going wild, etc.)

A fair warning : Only the extreme masochistic bugloving person should update from CVS - this update is more in the nature of showing that work is actually being done.

/placebodk