What is next for NZBget?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
fernandog
Posts: 75
Joined: 24 May 2013, 11:49

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by fernandog » 22 Aug 2013, 18:31

Because it needs the [nzbfilename].queued in /nzb (it reads a code in the NZB XML) and the files in the /dst/ folder (for exaple, if UNPACKSTAUS=1, then executes a script to see if there's passworded .RAR files, if is passworded, send status to the indexer. There's others checks too.

Sent you the script a few days ago (PM)

hugbug
Developer & Admin
Posts: 7417
Joined: 09 Sep 2008, 11:58
Location: Germany

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by hugbug » 22 Aug 2013, 19:54

If the problem is with deleted queued-file - just disable option "NzbCleanupDisk".
If you want you can delete the file in one of your scripts when you don't need it anymore.

yeehaa
Posts: 43
Joined: 03 Mar 2013, 20:31

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by yeehaa » 17 Sep 2013, 23:19

i'm gonna post here considering this is a feature "request" thread.. can we have an option to log rotate? as in.. limit the size/age of the log file? tia

hugbug
Developer & Admin
Posts: 7417
Joined: 09 Sep 2008, 11:58
Location: Germany

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by hugbug » 18 Sep 2013, 07:05

yeehaa wrote:i'm gonna post here considering this is a feature "request" thread.. can we have an option to log rotate? as in.. limit the size/age of the log file? tia
This is in TODO.

naan
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 Jun 2013, 14:21

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by naan » 18 Sep 2013, 19:22

How about a "new version available" message and / or a update function ?

hugbug
Developer & Admin
Posts: 7417
Joined: 09 Sep 2008, 11:58
Location: Germany

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by hugbug » 18 Sep 2013, 19:35

naan wrote:How about a "new version available" message and / or a update function ?
For what platform?

fernandog
Posts: 75
Joined: 24 May 2013, 11:49

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by fernandog » 18 Sep 2013, 19:51

Linux? Is it possible to auto update?

hugbug
Developer & Admin
Posts: 7417
Joined: 09 Sep 2008, 11:58
Location: Germany

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by hugbug » 18 Sep 2013, 20:01

NZBGet is distributed in source code. To install it it must be compiled first. This is done either by user or by package maintainer. The person who compiles is the only person who can provide auto-update functionality.

For example package for QNAP maintained by Clinton Hall has auto update feature.

I provide binaries for Windows and Mac and might add an auto update feature for this packages in the future.

naan
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 Jun 2013, 14:21

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by naan » 18 Sep 2013, 20:28

hugbug wrote:
naan wrote:How about a "new version available" message and / or a update function ?
For what platform?
In my case it would be popcorn hour platform (using pch A210 unit)

clintonhall
Posts: 449
Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 01:52
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by clintonhall » 18 Sep 2013, 21:56

hugbug wrote:NZBGet is distributed in source code. To install it it must be compiled first. This is done either by user or by package maintainer. The person who compiles is the only person who can provide auto-update functionality.

For example package for QNAP maintained by Clinton Hall has auto update feature.

I provide binaries for Windows and Mac and might add an auto update feature for this packages in the future.
And Asustor NAS has auto update ;)

QNAP just does an update via Optware on each startup.

Asustor does an update via git on each start (I compile the binaries myself and host them on GitHub.)

For both platforms, each official stable release and each "Major" testing update is available.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests