Post by fernandog » 16 Jul 2013, 22:11

What is next for NZBget?
Whats the future plans/features?
Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: What is next for NZBget?

Post by hugbug » 16 Jul 2013, 22:56

V12 is for RSS. + many other smaller improvements (as always).
For v13 there are few ideas but it's too soon to talk about it, no strict plans yet.

How about insights from other side. What you miss?

fernandog

Post by fernandog » 16 Jul 2013, 23:16

Just curious.
No huge suggestions (or not :D )

One thing I would like to see is the average download speed per nzb in the History (maybe a way around it is to store the latest average speed value together with the nzbname at history. Example The Killing S03E08 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H 264-NTb (Average download speed: 9875 KB/s)

Another thing would be nice is how we see the TASKS (schedule). Its a visual thing.
I would suggest something like deluge: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/raw-attac ... enshot.png
Maybe a matrix of text values where you put a kind of binary code (00000 - last bit is "process", second bit is unpausescan, etc. Don't know how to do it.

Other thing, the ability to send a notification when someone try to remote/local access nzbget and type 3 times the wrong password.
Today its recorded in the log in a simple way (maybe a script can do this? Don't know)

Ability to filter the "Kind" (first column) at "Messages" -Erros, Info, etc. And if there's an error, paint the background of the number in "Messages (674)" with red. Today is blue ( or the History tab)

Feel free to comment.
Thanks!

neilt0

Post by neilt0 » 17 Jul 2013, 00:32

Sorting the queue would be nice -- click on a column heading to sort by Name/Category/Age/Size etc.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Jul 2013, 09:22

fernandog wrote:One thing I would like to see is the average download speed per nzb in the History (maybe a way around it is to store the latest average speed value together with the nzbname at history. Example The Killing S03E08 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H 264-NTb (Average download speed: 9875 KB/s)
OK (means: I'll see if I can do this).
Another thing would be nice is how we see the TASKS (schedule). Its a visual thing.
I would suggest something like deluge: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/raw-attac ... enshot.png
Maybe a matrix of text values where you put a kind of binary code (00000 - last bit is "process", second bit is unpausescan, etc. Don't know how to do it.
This is an overkill for functionality the scheduler provides.
Other thing, the ability to send a notification when someone try to remote/local access nzbget and type 3 times the wrong password.
Today its recorded in the log in a simple way (maybe a script can do this? Don't know)
I don't consider this important. What can you do about this? Block IP on the router? If you need this, you could grep log-file regularly and automate IP-blocking.
Ability to filter the "Kind" (first column) at "Messages" -Erros, Info, etc. And if there's an error, paint the background of the number in "Messages (674)" with red. Today is blue ( or the History tab)
OK.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Jul 2013, 09:23

neilt0 wrote:Sorting the queue would be nice -- click on a column heading to sort by Name/Category/Age/Size etc.
Only table view or real permanent queue sorting?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Jul 2013, 09:25

picardtux wrote:WEBUI own extension
http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/forum/vie ... menu#p3454
This is not an extension. This is just links to other web-sites without any integration into NZBGet. Every browser can do this for your (bookmarks menu). I don't see a point of adding bookmarks to NZBGet UI. The way you did this has additional problem - it breaks UI, especially in phone-theme.

neilt0

Post by neilt0 » 17 Jul 2013, 10:52

hugbug wrote:
neilt0 wrote:Sorting the queue would be nice -- click on a column heading to sort by Name/Category/Age/Size etc.
Only table view or real permanent queue sorting?
Permanent queue sorting, please!

Why it's useful:

1) I have 100 items in the queue and I want to watch something quickly, so I sort by size so I can see something soon.

2) Sort by age: for some NSPs, older posts come down more slowly. Get the new stuff first and while it's unpacking, the older stuff comes down. This speeds up the whole process (potentially).

3) Sort by name: I've added all 23 episodes of a TV show, but they are in the queue "backwards". Sort by name and you get 1x01 first, then 1x02 etc.

Cheers!

kroner1

Post by kroner1 » 17 Jul 2013, 14:17

The ability to connect to the WEBUI without the Daemon running and some buttons to Start, Stop or Restart the Daemon. This was a feature in the older 1.4 NZBGetweb interface and meant that a SSH session was not required to accomplish these tasks.