[FEATURE] Add Check/Unpack/Cleanup into main application

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
phil-t

[FEATURE] Add Check/Unpack/Cleanup into main application

Post by phil-t » 26 Jan 2009, 11:13

I like the idea of extensibility offered by scripts, and some people are creating some pretty cool features!

However, I think to ease the use of NZBGet to more casual users, who only interface with scripts on a very casual basis (and therefore forget everything about them after a few weeks), if just the basics are covered by the NZBget main application, the necessity of a script is reduced to just those people that want something more 'specific'..

I think the feature set I am asking for (Just asking!) is largely to bring the example post process feature list into the main application.
1. Incorporate Automatic Unpacking (un-rar'ing) of files once checked to be OK (or attempted if no par files exist) (Configurable per NZB?)
2. Clean up of all files once the unpack is successful (Configurable per NZB)
3. Allow Joining of split files.
4. Allow renaming of .img to .iso
5. Allow the category of the nzb to be specified when uploaded, so you don't have to wait for it to show in the queue and then change it. (Is this a web interface feature?). If I add a very small file (just a few MB) to the queue, it usually has finished downloading before I've had a chance to even see it in the queue to change it's category.
6. Allow the Check/Unpack/Clean up options (If implemented) to be set per NZB, and when it is first uploaded.

My reasoning is that I've noticed the scripts being posted around all seem to differ in their base feature list.. and some of these scripts are quite complicated, if for example, I wanted the .img renaming feature, and a very complicated script doesn't offer it, I have to add it in, which means understanding the script to know where to put it in without breaking the script, and everytime the author updates his scripts, I have to do this all over again. Plus, I'm slightly be-wildered at this time as to how/where all the scripts fit in.