Small cosmetic feature requests regarding WebUI

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
FCrane

Small cosmetic feature requests regarding WebUI

Post by FCrane » 19 Oct 2013, 08:23

Hi!

I'd like to suggest some small cosmetic changes regarding the WebUI:

1) When I click a download, the details popup opens. The arrow takes me to the second page where I can enter the password. However, most of my downloads need a password, so it would be nice if the password was on the first page. I always almost need to edit the name and enter a password for each download, so having these fields close together would save a lot of clicks. Maybe all of the "Parameters" could be moved to the first page of the details - this would be even better (to have them all in one place for easy access).

2) In the details popup, the "Save" button is blue, suggesting it's the default button for the dialog. This is great and it should be. However, pressing "Enter" on the keyboard should trigger the default button but it does not. It would be nice (and conforming to the standards), if pressing "Enter" on the keyboard would be the same as clicking "Save". "ESC" already works correctly by cancelling the dialog. "TAB" switches the focus through the edit boxes, but it doesn't include the buttons either, which it probably should.

3) The list of downloads contains a column "Est. Time" - it would be nice if the user could choose between this and "ETA", which is more meaningful in my opinion, because I usually want to see when I can expect the finished download.

4) When the prgroam picks up an nzb file from the watched folder, it appends ".queued" to the filename. However, there seems to be no option to make it automatically delete the nzb file after it is queued. I'd much prefer it simply deleted after successful queuing, because I don't need the nzb files anymore.

Thanks for listening!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Small cosmetic feature requests regarding WebUI

Post by hugbug » 19 Oct 2013, 20:08

1. Password is part of post-processing parameters and moving all pp-parameters to the first page is not an option.
Can you explain how you add files to queue: each file manually via add-dialog or by putting them into nzb-directory, via external program such as sickbeard etc.?
There are possibilities to automate assigning of passwords with nzb-files. Knowing your workflow may help.
Why do you rename every download? For video files you can use pp-script VideoSort, which will do that for you. Or do you need renaming for other file types?

2. I'll see if I can change this.

3. There is a problem with ETA. Est. time, which is shown now, is calculated only for download time and doesn't include unpack-time. On slow systems unpack can be a long process. Showing ETA calculated only on download time, would mean very inaccurate times, especially if option UnpackPauseQueue is active. I had an idea of collecting statistics for unpack time and use it for later time estimations but this is not even in my todo-list, just an idea for a possible improvement for future versions.

4. In v11 these files are deleted after successful download if option NzbCleanupDisk is active. In v12 they are deleted when a history item is removed from history - these files may be required by duplicate handling. If you want remove them immediately after queueing you could do so in NzbAdded-script, see option NzbAddedProcess.

FCrane

Post by FCrane » 20 Oct 2013, 07:50

1) My workflow is as follows: I find my downloads (mostly movies) on a board I regularly visit. The downloads are described e.g. like this:

Ich - Einfach unverbesserlich 2 - Untouched
Gruppe(n): a.b.bungabunga / a.b.hdtv.german / a.b.u-4all
Subject: usenet-4all_4854
Passwort: usenet-4all_eem6TZ5suR

And there's a link to a search engine to directly find the downloads. When I click the NZB link, it downloads the nzb to a local directory which is monitored by NZBGet. When is picks it up, it creates an item "usenet-4all_4854" in the download queue. Then, I click it and rename it to "Ich - Einfach unverbesserlich 2" and then I add the password "usenet-4all_eem6TZ5suR" on the PP page.

I previously used Sabnzbd and it could handle passwords like this: I could add the password to the name separated by a "/". E.g. "Ich - Einfach unverbesserlich 2 / usenet-4all_eem6TZ5suR". Maybe you can add this possibility too? Saves a few clicks, especially if "Enter" confirms the changes and closes the dialog.

3) The total remaining download time (like it is displayed at the top left of the web UI) would be fine.

4) Please bring back the option "NzbCleanupDisk", because I do not need the duplicate detection!

Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 20 Oct 2013, 12:31

1. Can you add password to nzb file name when saving nzb-file into nzb-directory? There is a script which extracts password from file name and sets it to nzb item in queue. See topic http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/forum/vie ... ?f=8&t=915.

3. Option NzbCleanupDisk is still there. Only the time point when the file is deleted was changed. In v11 nzb-file was deleted after download if download was successful. For failed downloads nzb-files were never deleted. Now nzb-files are deleted when items are removed from history (for both successful and failed downloads). This is happen automatically after X days defined by option KeepHistory.

FCrane

Post by FCrane » 20 Oct 2013, 13:40

1) No, sorry, The nzb files are automatically saved by FireFox in the directory. I don't think I can comfortably edit the name first. I'd probably need a FF extension that lets me edit the name of the downloaded files (but only for nzb files, all others should be downloaded regularly). I don't know if such an extension exists - probably not.

3) FireFox saves the downloaded nzb files to its normal download directory, where all downloads go. The problem is that this directory gets crowded very quickly by all the files NZBGet leaves there (until the history is cleared) and I have to search my other downloads between the old nzb files. I would have to instruct FireFox to download nzb files to a different directory than all other files - probably not possible either. Or is there some setting in FF (or an extension) that could do that?

Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 21 Oct 2013, 09:21

Automatic Save Folder add-on
SabnzbdFox

I'm sure there are more of this kind.

FCrane

Post by FCrane » 21 Oct 2013, 09:59

Thanks, I will check this out.

Still it would be preferable to simply have NZBGet delete the files instead of having to install an extra extension for the browser.

Thanks!