Leave failed items in download queue

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
FCrane

Leave failed items in download queue

Post by FCrane » 25 Oct 2013, 09:02

Hi!

I just noticed that failed downloads (e.g. unrar fails due to missing password) are removed from "Downloads" and moved to the "History". I want to suggest an option to leave the failed items in "Download", because this way the user would see immediately that something went wrong with a download. Always having to check the history for failed items is annoying. Alternatively, the history could be placed on the same page as the downloads (like Sabnzb does), to offer a complete overview at once.

Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Leave failed items in download queue

Post by hugbug » 25 Oct 2013, 20:29

Handling of active (or queued) downloads is quite different from completed (or failed) items. For example for history items there is a command "post-process again", etc. That's why they cannot remain in download list.

Showing history on front page would be technically possible but this doesn't play nice with UI concept. That would require two tables each having pager, combobox to choose number of shown items, not saying that history items needs its own toolbar. Add search functions to this list (search-edit at the top of the page) and you should understand why this is not gonna happen.

There is an idea floating around about indicating failed downloads via red badge on history tab. But that's tricky: there are some UI related issues about this which need to be though through. This is something I could possibly work on in the next version (v13).

FCrane

Re: Leave failed items in download queue

Post by FCrane » 25 Oct 2013, 21:00

Hi!

A red background for the number of history items (instead of the blue one) if there is a failed item would be great! This would signal the need of checking the history to the user. Otherwise, there is no indication of errors on the first page, which is not comfortable.

Regards!