[SQS-Script] Completion-Propagation/DMCA/Retention check

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
Crowley

Re: [SQS-Script] Completion-Propagation/DMCA/Retention check

Post by Crowley » 28 Sep 2021, 16:24

Nice, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Edit: Tests look promising, no failure yet.

NamedUser

Post by NamedUser » 28 Sep 2021, 17:39

Crowley wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 16:24
Nice, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Edit: Tests look promising, no failure yet.
Nice! Please report back if any errors arise :)

jdub

Post by jdub » 18 Nov 2021, 19:55

So I'm not sure what logs to give here, but here's a breakdown of what's happening:

I installed the version posted on 28 Sep 2021, 10:31.

The script does a great job at filtering things out. Awesome!
Then most of the time, the download only contains a few KB of data, gets marked as complete and moved. My various *arr apps will kindly tell me no files exist.
When I go to look, sure enough there's not a video file to be found.
Go back to NZBGET and tell it to redownload.
This appears to SKIP the Completion.py script.
Download goes through 75% of the time successfully and all is well.
The rest of the time, the file actually fails to download, and the app starts another in its place.

This process repeats endlessly. I have verbose logging on and will gladly send anything, I just don't know what would be helpful. I know my NZBGet container is running python 3.9.10

Crowley

Post by Crowley » 12 Apr 2022, 12:11

With the newest Ubuntu LTS Python gets bumped to 3.10.4. The Python3 versions of the script posted here still seem to work, but with new errors:

INFO Tue Apr 12 2022 15:05:20 Completion: context = ssl.SSLContext(ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv23)
INFO Tue Apr 12 2022 15:05:20 Completion: /opt/nzbget/scripts/Completion.py:989: DeprecationWarning: ssl.PROTOCOL_TLS is deprecated

Not sure if it's something that will cause problems in the future.

Crowley

Post by Crowley » 24 Apr 2022, 15:48

Unfortunately there seem to be major problems now if there are multiple files in the queue.

The first file gets checked correctly, but then the script gets stuck. The first download wont properly complete until the second queue item gets processed by completion, and this second operations times out.

Errors show: "Completion: Skipping current server as it is replying very slow on header requests for this NZB file" and "too many connections" errors.

Still seems to work if there is only one item item queue. I tried going without the script, but it just takes much longer to detect missing articles while downloading, lots of wasted time and bandwidth.

Crowley

Post by Crowley » 04 May 2022, 19:03

Just tried with Pythhon2, and it seems the original script has the above problems as well now for some reason, I don't believe it was always like this. The script works fine for the first file in the queue, but the second file pretty much always fails with "too many connections" errors. Too bad it's starting to seem very unlikely that the script will see any further development.

mubs

Post by mubs » 20 Jul 2022, 05:50

Crowley wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 12:11
With the newest Ubuntu LTS Python gets bumped to 3.10.4. The Python3 versions of the script posted here still seem to work, but with new errors:

INFO Tue Apr 12 2022 15:05:20 Completion: context = ssl.SSLContext(ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv23)
INFO Tue Apr 12 2022 15:05:20 Completion: /opt/nzbget/scripts/Completion.py:989: DeprecationWarning: ssl.PROTOCOL_TLS is deprecated

Not sure if it's something that will cause problems in the future.
The problem is that it tries to negotiate SSL instead of TLS https://www.globalsign.com/en/blog/ssl- ... difference