Anime - join multiple mkv files

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
rubylaser

Anime - join multiple mkv files

Post by rubylaser » 06 Feb 2014, 14:56

Hello,

I've just recently started trying to use nzbget for anime, and have noticed that when it postprocesses the files, it doesn't join the multiple mkv.001, mkv.002, etc. files together when it's done downloading the files (I'm on NZBget v12 on Ubuntu 12.04 server). I found this previous post on the forum, http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/forum/vie ... ?f=3&t=431, with a similar issue, but I have PARrepair on, and all other PAR repair/check options. Right now, I'm having to cat the files together by hand and move them, so I would really like to figure out how to automatically join them and clean the mkv.00x files so I can rename and move the final files automatically. Any help is greatly appreciated.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Anime - join multiple mkv files

Post by hugbug » 06 Feb 2014, 16:49

Right now, I'm having to cat the files together by hand and move them
A quick solution would be to write a pp-script, which would do that.

I'll try to fix this but this will take some time. Can you please send me few example nzbs (the smaller the better) at nzbget@gmail.com?

rubylaser

Post by rubylaser » 06 Feb 2014, 18:11

Thanks for the quick reply. I just sent you three example NZBs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

honeypot

Post by honeypot » 16 Feb 2014, 19:38

hey,

Any news on that matter?
I get exactly the same problem...
Thanks

youngprince

Post by youngprince » 18 Feb 2014, 17:00

disable par rename. it should be a reasonable solution until this gets sorted out properly.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 19 Feb 2014, 08:21

No one can write a join pp-script?

vergessen

Post by vergessen » 19 Feb 2014, 15:40

I have reworked this a little bit. Right now there are no options as the script does it's thing and gets out of the way.
Currently with the par rename option on it will attempt rename a file to the file listed in the pars if it is not found. For these files *.mkv.001 becomes *.mkv and *.002 etc remain. The other case is the pars are for the split files and verify they are intact. I try to handle both cases, on rename it appears that NZBPP_PARSTATUS is always zero so after the join i ask for the pars to be rerun, this should verify the output file is correct. In the case of the par2 files being for the split files I rejoin them and just exit as the pars have done their work
The above does cause one side effect, I check for join files and if i don't find any I just exit and tell nzbget it was skipped. This results in a little bit strange output on the history but I will work on that later. I have tested it on both types case with par rename on, delete samples active. Please note this does remove *.001 etc files after join. If it is wanted I will look into an option to leave those behind.

vergessen [at] gmail

Code removed see last page for new code
Last edited by vergessen on 24 Mar 2014, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

vergessen

Post by vergessen » 20 Feb 2014, 14:36

I will update this script and any other I think of here https://github.com/vergessen/nzbgetpp

Thank you

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 20 Feb 2014, 14:50

Well done, I'll move the topic into post-processing scripts forum.

youngprince

Post by youngprince » 20 Feb 2014, 20:54

Thanks Vergessen. I was going to try and tackle it this weekend, but I've never done anythign like this before. Tested & Working.