[Queue-Script] PasswordDetector - stop dl of protected .rar

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
JVM

Re: [Queue-Script] PasswordDetector - stop dl of protected .

Post by JVM » 30 Aug 2014, 07:00

prinz2311 wrote: 2. For nzb's that have a valid Password already this script doesn't work.
Can you elaborate a bit more? Once download found password protected and paused, and once resumed it no longer checks for passwords. Do you mean downloads where the NZB is known to contain a password before downloading? How do you suggest we fix this?

I'm not actually sure if it's possible to disable queue scripts for an entire category, haven't tried it. Maybe we need a scan script to set flags to skip detection.
And rar5 has another error message (should be added as default):

Code: Select all

The specified password is incorrect.
PasswordDetector should find these cases already? Can you run "unrar l -p- <path_to_file>", strip filenames etc. and paste output here?

JVM

Post by JVM » 30 Aug 2014, 07:09

I've modified PasswordDetector fairly heavily to version 1.4, following the form of FakeDetector 1.4.
  • Removed settings Categories, Verbose logging, Unrar Parameters, Password strings from PasswordDetector webui settings page
  • Verbose logging, Unrar Parameters, Password strings have been hidden to inside the script itself, near the top, as the average user should not need to modify these
  • Updated some functions with those from FakeDetector 1.4

Ayla

Post by Ayla » 30 Aug 2014, 07:21

JVM,

If I use PasswordDetector, do I still benefit from using FakeDetector, or is it enough to just use your script?

Thanks

JVM

Post by JVM » 30 Aug 2014, 08:17

They are completely independent, they check for different things, so you need both to check for password protected and fake downloads.

Ayla

Post by Ayla » 30 Aug 2014, 09:17

JVM wrote:They are completely independent, they check for different things, so you need both to check for password protected and fake downloads.
Thanks for the reply, and your work on this.

I will install the FakeDetector script too then.

prinz2311

Post by prinz2311 » 30 Aug 2014, 11:33

JVM wrote:
prinz2311 wrote: 2. For nzb's that have a valid Password already this script doesn't work.
Can you elaborate a bit more? Once download found password protected and paused, and once resumed it no longer checks for passwords. Do you mean downloads where the NZB is known to contain a password before downloading?
Some indexer provide nzbs with passwords (forum indexer mainly). I download many web dl's from such a indexer. So the valid password is included in the password meta tag in the nzb and nzbget read that.
How do you suggest we fix this?
Test onces if the download has a password set and ignore such nzb's. Since it's unlikely that someone set a wrong password.
I'm not actually sure if it's possible to disable queue scripts for an entire category, haven't tried it. Maybe we need a scan script to set flags to skip detection.
Combined PP/Queue Scripts can now be de-/activated via the PP-Script Settings since r1094

For that reason hughug removed the category option in the Fakedetector already.

PasswordDetector should find these cases already? Can you run "unrar l -p- <path_to_file>", strip filenames etc. and paste output here?
That is the output, since in rar5 the header (filelist) can also be encrypted:

UNRAR 5.10 freeware      Copyright (c) 1993-2014 Alexander Roshal

Archive: File.part01.rar
Details: RAR 5, encrypted headers
  0 files

get39678

Post by get39678 » 30 Aug 2014, 14:16

prinz2311 wrote:

That is the output, since in rar5 the header (filelist) can also be encrypted:

UNRAR 5.10 freeware      Copyright (c) 1993-2014 Alexander Roshal

Archive: File.part01.rar
Details: RAR 5, encrypted headers
  0 files
JVM suggest something like the following:

PasswordStrings = '*, wrong password, password is incorrect' 
This ensure the strings have very little chance of clashing with an actual filename.

JVM

Post by JVM » 30 Aug 2014, 15:26

prinz2311 wrote:Some indexer provide nzbs with passwords (forum indexer mainly). I download many web dl's from such a indexer. So the valid password is included in the password meta tag in the nzb and nzbget read that.

Test onces if the download has a password set and ignore such nzb's. Since it's unlikely that someone set a wrong password.
I've made it so it skips detection if user defines password in web ui or if an earlier scan script defines password, so if NZBGet reads the password meta tag in the nzb, it should also skip.

Can you test this out please? It should say in the log when testing: [DETAIL] Password previously defined, skipping detection
Combined PP/Queue Scripts can now be de-/activated via the PP-Script Settings since r1094
For that reason hughug removed the category option in the Fakedetector already.
Ok I've also better described this in the OP.
get39678 wrote:JVM suggest something like the following:
Also made it check strings for:

PasswordStrings = '*,wrong password,The specified password is incorrect,encrypted headers' 
I think that's ok?

prinz2311

Post by prinz2311 » 30 Aug 2014, 15:59

JVM wrote:I've made it so it skips detection if user defines password in web ui or if an earlier scan script defines password, so if NZBGet reads the password meta tag in the nzb, it should also skip.

Can you test this out please? It should say in the log when testing: [DETAIL] Password previously defined, skipping detection
Tested. Works.
Also made it check strings for:

PasswordStrings = '*,wrong password,The specified password is incorrect,encrypted headers' 
I think that's ok?
Should be ok.

JVM

Post by JVM » 30 Aug 2014, 16:17

prinz2311 wrote: Tested. Works.
Cool, thanks for that!