[PP-Script] NotifyPlex - Library Update and GUI Notification

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
mannibis

Re: [PP-Script] NotifyPlex - Library Update and GUI Notifica

Post by mannibis » 12 Dec 2014, 01:30

I just updated the script. Re-download the new version (updated main link) and try it out. This is probably being caused by the strip of ' ' when parsing the names of the categories. I didn't realize people would have category names with spaces in it. Try it and let me know

rubylaser

Post by rubylaser » 12 Dec 2014, 11:16

mannibis wrote:Are there any logs in the messages tab you can post? I need to see what type of error you are getting. Does it say that Plex.tv authentication is successful? Check the messages tab when you run it again (Actions -> Post Process Again) and paste the output if you can.

Also, double check the names of your movies category. Usually people have one category for movies in their NZBGet settings. Is "Movies > HD" the name of a category in Settings > Categories?
Here's the result of post process again.

Code: Select all

Post-process-script NotifyPlex/NotifyPlex.py for file.name.here.placeholder.mkv failed (terminated with unknown status)
I have 3 categories setup for movies, one from couchpotato (cinematic) and two for dognzbd's remote push Movies > HD and Movies > SD.

Thanks for your help :)

mannibis

Post by mannibis » 12 Dec 2014, 13:00

Ok on a side note, you dont need set up categories like that to get DOGnzb movies to work...Just put "Movies > HD,Movies > SD" or "Movies*" under Aliases in your movie category and NZBGet will map the DOGnzb categories to your builtin NZBGet categories.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. For you to be getting that error it must mean that the script isn't initializing right.

What are you running NZBGet on? Where are the python scripts being executed? Did you drop the entire NotifyPlex folder into the PP-Scripts directory? Or just NotifyPlex.py?

You should be seeing more error messages in the Messages tab. Perhaps try turning on Error logging or Warning logging in your NZBGet preferences. It's very hard to debug without a proper error message.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

rubylaser

Post by rubylaser » 12 Dec 2014, 14:56

mannibis wrote:Ok on a side note, you dont need set up categories like that to get DOGnzb movies to work...Just put "Movies > HD,Movies > SD" or "Movies*" under Aliases in your movie category and NZBGet will map the DOGnzb categories to your builtin NZBGet categories.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. For you to be getting that error it must mean that the script isn't initializing right.

What are you running NZBGet on? Where are the python scripts being executed? Did you drop the entire NotifyPlex folder into the PP-Scripts directory? Or just NotifyPlex.py?

You should be seeing more error messages in the Messages tab. Perhaps try turning on Error logging or Warning logging in your NZBGet preferences. It's very hard to debug without a proper error message.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks, I have been using aliases for other categories, I guess I was just being lazy. I have now consolidated them all into my cinematic category, with the others as aliases.

I copied the whole NotifyPlex folder into my post processing scripts folder, not just NotifyPlex.py.

No need to apologize, you are helping me. Thanks!

rubylaser

Post by rubylaser » 12 Dec 2014, 15:59

I just tried this again with your new version, with the same settings, and having my movie categories consolidated with aliases, and this time it worked great. Thanks for you help!

mannibis

Post by mannibis » 12 Dec 2014, 20:25

Phew...glad that worked. :)

mannibis

Post by mannibis » 18 Jan 2015, 19:46

Minor Change: Fixed DNZB Header for Movie Year. When DNZB Header option is used for GUI Notification the year will be included in the GUI, i.e. "The Guest (2014)", instead of just "The Guest"

Main download link reflects update.

joq3

Post by joq3 » 16 Mar 2015, 09:12

mannibis wrote:Minor Change: Fixed DNZB Header for Movie Year. When DNZB Header option is used for GUI Notification the year will be included in the GUI, i.e. "The Guest (2014)", instead of just "The Guest"

Hi, I just downloaded your script. I use Subliminal as a scheduled script at 15:00 every day, this way the subtitles will be better than the ones snatched right after the release. My problem is that Plex doesn't find subs that are downloaded after the movie/show is added to the library, you have to do a refresh for it to find it.
And your script should help with that. But I want to be able to make it as a scheduled script, to run at an exact time every day. And I can't select this script in the scheduler, only in post processing?

Is there a way to make it available in the scheduler?

Thank you!

joq3

Post by joq3 » 16 Mar 2015, 10:27

joq3 wrote:
mannibis wrote:Minor Change: Fixed DNZB Header for Movie Year. When DNZB Header option is used for GUI Notification the year will be included in the GUI, i.e. "The Guest (2014)", instead of just "The Guest"

Hi, I just downloaded your script. I use Subliminal as a scheduled script at 15:00 every day, this way the subtitles will be better than the ones snatched right after the release. My problem is that Plex doesn't find subs that are downloaded after the movie/show is added to the library, you have to do a refresh for it to find it.
And your script should help with that. But I want to be able to make it as a scheduled script, to run at an exact time every day. And I can't select this script in the scheduler, only in post processing?

Is there a way to make it available in the scheduler?

Thank you!
I did try to edit the script myself, but switching everything from POSTPROCESS to SCHEDULER. Now it shows up in Scheduler under NZBGet. But when it runs I got this error:
/usr/bin/env: python2 : No such file or directory
So I checked my working script (Subliminal, which looked like this at the top):
#!/usr/bin/env python

Changed from python2 to python.
This gave me this error instead:
/usr/bin/env: python : No such file or directory

Weird, because it looks exactly like Subliminal.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 16 Mar 2015, 10:31

Line endings changed to windows format. Change them back to unix format (LF).