[Queue-Script] FakeDetector - early detection of fake videos

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
blindpet

Re: [Queue-Script] FakeDetector - early detection of fake vi

Post by blindpet » 10 Nov 2014, 15:56

So you are saying you don' t need to activate FakeDetector as a global queue script, only add it as a category specific post-processing script?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 10 Nov 2014, 16:09

Yes. This trick allows to use different queue-scripts per categories. The queue-script must be also declared as pp-script; otherwise it will not be selectable in options PostScript (global) and CategoryX.PostScript. If the script doesn't do any useful work in pp-mode it can just exit with "success" or "none" (when started as pp-script).

blindpet

Post by blindpet » 10 Nov 2014, 18:29

OK, but FakeDetector is smart enough to look for a video file and an exe file, correct? So unless you have downloaded an application release which has video and exe files then being category specific is a bit overkill, is it not?

prinz2311

Post by prinz2311 » 10 Nov 2014, 18:41

But also think about that calling the Script during downloading costs system resources, especially on low powered Devices. So it's better not execute scripts in Categories were the Check is unneeded.

totorototo

Post by totorototo » 24 Nov 2014, 11:51

Is any of you using this script (as a queue script) in a nzbget / couchpotato setup and having issues with the "BAD" download status not being picked up by couchpotato when fake is detected ?

I don't have the issue with normal success and failed downloads when the script is not involved.

blindpet

Post by blindpet » 24 Nov 2014, 12:34

Maybe CouchPotato only knows how to interpret failed status, I can try and test this later, if so we should post on CouchPotato's github so it can be fixed.

totorototo

Post by totorototo » 25 Nov 2014, 12:10

Thanx !

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 12 Dec 2014, 18:56

Update - version 1.6:

JesusOnEez

Post by JesusOnEez » 30 Jan 2015, 11:03

Hullo...first post.

I've moved over from SAB recently as I'm running on a Synology DS212j which is quite low powered and wanted to save CPU cycles. Everything is running nicely with NZBGet, including Sonarr, Headphones and Couchpotato. The only problem I have is getting the FakeDetector script (NZBGet installed via SynoCommunity package).

I've found a good linux guide on a HTPC website which I've managed to follow and tweak where necessary to the point where I'm in NZBGet's script directory and then have pumped in a 'wget' command to get the script.

Unfortunately, I get permission denied errors when it tries to write the script to disk. Given I'm logged in as Admin I'm not sure what to do.

Has anyone got this working on a Synology and would they mind walking through how they overcome this block please?

Thanks!