[SQS-Script] Completion-Propagation/DMCA/Retention check

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [SQS-Script] Completion-Propagation/DMCA/Retention check

Post by hugbug » 06 Feb 2017, 16:33

FWIW in nzbget default timeout is 30 seconds. That's how long it waits before declaring a connection attempt failed.

dagoob

Post by dagoob » 06 Feb 2017, 16:45

I have some pings in the 100-140 range, but mine are all under 200.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 08 Feb 2017, 15:59

The issue that Nukien reported seems to be related to not getting a reply that fast, causing the script to wait a lot to get replies. (waiting 200 ms / num connections in EXTREME debug mode) per socket listen attempt without a reply. Just like you guys had when downloading very very fresh nzbs. For Nukien this already seems to be the case for older nzb files, causing the trigger of 999 message after the waiting about 1 sec (or 5 listen retries on the same socket), and causing some other issue too. But to be able to narrow it down to the exact cause I hope some others have several VERBOSE messages saying
'No data received on 5th retry, pausing script for 2 sec.'

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 09 Mar 2017, 12:48

Just to avoid getting several times the same questions via PM:

[*]When items are propagating or some articles can not be found, the reply speed from the newsprovider / usenetprovider will be significantly slower, and may even trigger a 999 message when it takes to long to get a reply.
[*]The script won't improve completion at a certain moment / repairs on the fly, it just checks if stuff is available on your provider(s), and if not it waits a certain time, and checks again. In the time it waited, the stuff might be available as it may was still moving/spreading between providers/servers
[*]Old items, not that often requested articles for a provider will be parked on slower disks/servers/whatsoever, resulting in slower check speeds.
[*]Cross-posted / obfuscated stuff may also be slower when checking, as the provider does not know the relation between the files.

bigsid05

Post by bigsid05 » 31 Mar 2017, 12:42

This script is awesome! I'm having an issue where it pauses NZBs to do the completion check but never resumes them. If I manually resume them, they download fine. Here's what I'm seeing when I turn on verbose logging:

INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] completion.lock file deleted
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] del_lock_file()
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] Downloading for NZBGet resumed
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] nzbget_resume()
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: Overall check completed in 126.74 sec.

But, the file never actually resumes despite it saying "Downloading for NZBGet resumed".

Too add: NZBGet globally resumes (the top arrow goes from orange to green, indicating the overall program is no longer paused) but the individual file never resumes.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 31 Mar 2017, 15:15

bigsid05 wrote:This script is awesome! I'm having an issue where it pauses NZBs to do the completion check but never resumes them. If I manually resume them, they download fine. Here's what I'm seeing when I turn on verbose logging:

INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] completion.lock file deleted
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] del_lock_file()
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] Downloading for NZBGet resumed
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: [V] nzbget_resume()
INFO Fri Mar 31 2017 07:17:07 Completion: Overall check completed in 126.74 sec.

But, the file never actually resumes despite it saying "Downloading for NZBGet resumed".

Too add: NZBGet globally resumes (the top arrow goes from orange to green, indicating the overall program is no longer paused) but the individual file never resumes.
Thanks for reporting the above issue, please turn on VERBOSE logging, save, reboot, add an NZB, and copy the log starting from rebooting till after the overall check completed and all seem to have stopped. Then send it to me using the PM option here, maybe use pastebin or something to send the logs in a text file if it doesnt fit in the PM msg option.

bigsid05

Post by bigsid05 » 01 Apr 2017, 00:21

Sending you a PM now.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 01 Apr 2017, 06:10

bigsid05 wrote:Sending you a PM now.
In your logs an exception is shown: 'module' object has no attribute 'SSLContext'. This indicated that you do run a Pyhton version older than version 2.7.9. This version does not support SSL connections.

Pleae update to a Python version of 2.7.X. (not a python 3 version, as the script won't run in python 3)

Crowley

Post by Crowley » 11 Apr 2017, 13:04

Hi, I ran in to a problem when I tried to use this with a queue sort script (I want to download TV episodes in numeric order).

http://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1798

Is it possible to use these together?

I'm getting this error:

Completion: [V] QUEUED / DOWNLOADING NZBs have higher or equal priority than by script paused items, skipping check
Completion: [V] Maximum priority of DOWNLOADING / QUEUED NZBs = 0

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 11 Apr 2017, 16:17

Crowley wrote:Hi, I ran in to a problem when I tried to use this with a queue sort script (I want to download TV episodes in numeric order).

http://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1798

Is it possible to use these together?

I'm getting this error:

Completion: [V] QUEUED / DOWNLOADING NZBs have higher or equal priority than by script paused items, skipping check
Completion: [V] Maximum priority of DOWNLOADING / QUEUED NZBs = 0
The completion script respects priority, and then file age. It does not care about queue order. Older files are at higher risk to be taken down, so those get downloaded first when they are within AgeLimit, or when Prioritize is set to Yes always.

For general post by release groups, the earlier episodes will be the oldest, so they will be downloaded first.

The VERBOSE logging [V] will show you the order in which they will be downloaded. The [V] messages reported above are not an error message, this is just to inform you about what is going on. Some NZB in your queue that is downloading/queued (not paused) has a higher (or equal?) priority than by the script paused NZBs so it respects that, and let the file being downloaded. If your by script paused files would have had a priority of say 1, it would have been unpaused.

If you really want to download stuff that is posted out of order, you should modify the sort script to raise the priority according the episode number. I hope the above helps you.