[FeedScript] ImdbWatchlist - RSS with IMDb integration

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

[FeedScript] ImdbWatchlist - RSS with IMDb integration

Post by hugbug » 04 Sep 2015, 22:12

This is a feed-script which integrates into RSS feed and processes it in a special way. It fetches your watchlist from imdb.com, then reads the rss feed content and keeps items which are in your watchlist but removes everything else.

Info about pp-script How to use
  • create an imdb account if you don't have one yet;
  • browse imdb.com and click "add to watchlist" on movies you are interested in;
  • configure the watchlist to be public (this is needed because the script fetches watchlist without authorization on imdb.com);
  • install the script by putting it into scripts directory of your NZBGet installation;
  • put your imdb user id into script settings;
  • create new rss feed, put an rss feed URL from your indexer, for example the feed for category "Movies -> HD";
  • in the feed setting select the script in option FeedScript;
  • save the settings.
If you have troubles see the detailed guide below.

That's all. Now when you see a new interesting movie on IMDb you just add it to your watchlist and it will be monitored by NZBGet.

To test how it works - if you browse the feed content in NZBGet the feed will only contains items from IMDb watchlist. The feed may be empty if no items from watchlist were found in the original feed.

For fine tuning (quality settings, etc.) use the filter field as usual.

Limitations
Since this is a feed script it processes only the feed content. It doesn't send search requests to your indexer to find the movies from the watchlist. That means the script will not download older releases even if they exist for the selected movies. The feed size is limited and usually contains only movies from the last few days or hours.

NOTE: minimum NZBGet version: 16.0.

Download link

rubylaser

Re: [FeedScript] ImdbWatchlist - RSS with IMDb integration

Post by rubylaser » 06 Sep 2015, 01:13

Thanks for this Hugbug. Any way you could provide a few more directions for rookie RSS feed users. I have an IMDB Watchlist that is public. I've added the script to my scripts directory and configured it with my IMDB user id. I'm trying to test this, so I've setup a RSS feed for movies that are available, but my feed in NZBget isn't returning any results.

I have setup the category on my feed, and I have this setup as my filter (I'm trying to look for 1080p HD movies, but don't want raw bluray discs) category:*HD age:>2h size:<5GB. Finally, I have ImdbWatchlist.py setup as my FeedScript. Any help for an ignorant user?

Thanks and thank you for this awesome application!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 06 Sep 2015, 05:56

If you remove the feed script does the feed has items from your imdb watchlist?
Open the feed in a web-browser, does it have attribute "imdb" for items? If it doesn't add parameter "&extended=1" to the feed URL.

rubylaser

Post by rubylaser » 06 Sep 2015, 11:08

Thanks for the reply! I'm sure I misunderstood you, but I'm not exactly sure I know what you want me to do. Here's what I tried...

I removed the feed script from my RSS Feed settings, saved, and reloaded. If I tried to click on the RSS Feeds link, NZBget stops. I had to restart it to bring it back up.

When I open the RSS feed URL from IMDB it's in this format.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<rss version="2.0">
    <channel>
        <title>WATCHLIST</title>
        <link>http://www.imdb.com/user/ur39694406/watchlist</link>
        <description></description>
        <pubDate>Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:28:02 GMT</pubDate>
        <lastBuildDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2015 04:05:18 GMT</lastBuildDate>
        <item>
          <pubDate>Sat, 05 Sep 2015 18:10:04 GMT</pubDate>
            <title>Big Buck Bunny (2008 Short Film)</title>
            <link>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1254207/</link>
            <guid>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1254207/</guid>
        </item>
        <item>
          <pubDate>Sat, 05 Sep 2015 18:07:35 GMT</pubDate>
            <title>Sintel (2010 Short Film)</title>
            <link>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727587/</link>
            <guid>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727587/</guid>
        </item>
    </channel>
</rss>
I added &extended=1 to the end of the IMDB RSS feed URL like this http://rss.imdb.com/user/ur39676406/wat ... extended=1, but I get a 404 page.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 06 Sep 2015, 11:25

"&extended=1" is to add to indexers RSS feed, not to imdb feed.
rubylaser wrote:If I tried to click on the RSS Feeds link, NZBget stops. I had to restart it to bring it back up.
Meaning nzbget crashes? What OS?

rubylaser

Post by rubylaser » 06 Sep 2015, 19:52

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 Server 64bit. It just doesn't seem to like when I leave the FeedScript open. It's not really a crash, but a mis-configuration on my part. In regards to RSS, I failed to catch that in your directions. I was using the IMDB movie RSS feed. I have a number of indexers, and only one that seems to have an RSS feed that may work for this. When I try to use the RSS feed, NZBget says...

Code: Select all

Request: {"nocache":1441569145771,"method":"viewfeed","params":[1,false]}

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 07 Sep 2015, 09:02

Detailed step by step guide

Part I. Finding suitable rss feed URL
  • go to your indexer, open rss settings, find a feed with movies in hd;
    • for example, on dog you go to "my profile";
    • then at the bottom of the page in section "RSS FEED BUILDER";
    • in the field "Available RSS Feeds" select "all movies - > only HD";
    • in the field "Number of Results Returned" choose "100";
    • field "Download Link inside RSS" set to "yes";
    • set "Show Only Top Downloads" to empty;
    • you'll see rss url below, something like this: https://dognzb.cr/rss.cfm?r=<API-KEY>&t=2040&num=100;
  • put this url into browser address field and press enter;
  • browser shows the content of the rss feed;
  • if you don't see the feed as xml, choose "Show page source" in browser menu;
  • now, when you see the rss feed as xml scroll to any item and look for xml-field "<newznab:attr name="imdb" value="<some-number>"/>";
  • if you see the field, then the feed is suitable for the feed script "ImdbWatchlist";
  • if there is no such field, modify the feed url in the browser address-field and add "&extended=1". You'll get an url like this: https://dognzb.cr/rss.cfm?r=<API-KEY>&t=2040&num=100&extended=1
  • open the new modified url in browser by pressing enter, open page source if necessary;
  • now you should have xml-field "<newznab:attr name="imdb" value="<imdbid>"/>"; if don't - this indexer isn't suitable for the feed script "ImdbWatchlist" but this is very unlikely because every indexer nowadays is running newznab or a derivative and it can provide imdbid in feeds.
Congratulations, part I is completed. You have an rss feed URL which you can use in NZBGet with feed-script "ImdbWatchlist".

Part II. Creating IMDb Watchlist
  • go to www.imdb.com;
  • login or create an account and login;
  • in the rss feed URL obtained in part I choose few movie titles;
  • search imdb for these titles;
  • click "+Watchlist" on each item;
  • open drop down menu near "+Watchlist" and choose "view watchlist";
  • you'll see the list of movies you've selected;
  • look at the browser address field, it's something like http://www.imdb.com/user/ur123456789/watchlist;
  • the digits in url (123456789 in the example above) is your imdb user id; write down this id, you'll need it later;
  • at the top of the page near title "Your Watchlist", right of it you'll find a link "Edit list", click on it;
  • then click "Change list settings", and choose "Make this list a public list visible to all IMDb Users".
Part II is completed. Now you have an IMDb watchlist.

Part III. Configuring NZBGet rss feed with feed-script
  • open NZBGet web-interface;
  • click on "Settings" tab at the top of the page;
  • choose "PATHS" at the left menu;
  • find option "ScriptDir";
  • download script ImdbWatchlist.py from the first post of this topic and put it in the directory "ScriptDir";
  • leave settings tab by clicking on tab "Downloads";
  • then open "Settings" again. This is necessary to re-read the list of scripts from disk;
  • choose "IMDBWATCHLIST" at the left menu, that's the settings for our new script;
  • put IMDb user id obtained in part II into field "ImdbUserId";
  • scroll the page to the very bottom and click "Save all settings", then reload NZBGet as suggested;
  • click on "Settings" tab at the top of the page;
  • choose "RSS FEEDS" at the left menu;
  • scroll the page to the bottom and click button "Add another feed";
  • in the feed settings:
    • FeedX.Name=ImdbWatchlist;
    • FeedX.URL=<the URL obtained in part I of this guide>;
    • FeedX.Backlog=no;
    • FeedX.Interval=15;
  • click button "Preview feed", you should see the content of the feed similar to what you saw in web-browser in part I;
  • close preview dialog and click button "Choose" near field "FeedScript" and select "ImdbWatchlist" there, click "Apply";
  • click button "Preview feed", now the feed should contain only movies from your IMDb watchlist;
  • close preview dialog, scroll the page to the very bottom and click "Save all settings", then reload NZBGet as suggested.
At this point everything is configured.

rubylaser

Post by rubylaser » 07 Sep 2015, 17:55

Thanks for writing this up. I have this working great now. I have dog as an indexer and never knew it had an RSS Builder in my user profile.

bleachjt

Post by bleachjt » 12 Sep 2015, 22:15

Getting an error when adding the script (Feedscript Choose):
ImdbWatchlist: ImportError: No module named 'urllib2'

Any help on that? I have Python 3.4.3 installed.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 12 Sep 2015, 22:27

All scripts require Python 2.x; only few of them are compatible with Python 3.x.
Delete your python and install 2.x, hopefully this helps.