[PP-Script] TurboSort - organize movies and tv shows

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [PP-Script] TurboSort - organize movies and tv shows

Post by hugbug » 07 Jul 2013, 21:38

The scenario you describe is not similar as scenario 2 in my list. I didn't described it explicitly since it was the most important case and the reason to use nzb-file at all. For the sake of completeness I add it to the list of scenarios as number 5:

5. The nzb-file has a meaningful name, but the video file has a non-meaningful name:

Code: Select all

<dir>         Game of Thrones S02E01 720p BluRay X264-REWARD
<file>                4242345345345
The difference between 2 and 5 is that in scenario 2 the file name is meaningful but still bad - the nzb-name is better. In the scenario 5 the file name is a garbage and it should be pretty easy to fall back to use the nzb-name in this case.

6. The nzb-file has a meaningful name, but the video file has a non-meaningful name and the video file is put into an extra subfolder:

Code: Select all

<dir>         Game of Thrones S02E01 720p BluRay X264-REWARD
<dir>                 aaaaaaaa
<file>                       ewerrgdfghgh.mkv
There is an excellent python-library guessit, which specializes on guessing movie and series info from their file names. I made a quick test on 6 scenarios:
1. correct (no wonder);
2. correct - that was a hard case but guessit was able to use the directory name;
3. correct;
4. failed;
5. correct;
6. correct.

The plan is to replace the custom guessing code in turbo sort with a call to guessit-lib. I could do this but it will take time since I work on other features at the moment. That's why it would be great if someone else could work on it. Anyone?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 09 Jul 2013, 07:08

hugbug wrote: The plan is to replace the custom guessing code in turbo sort with a call to guessit-lib. I could do this but it will take time since I work on other features at the moment. That's why it would be great if someone else could work on it. Anyone?
I'm working on it.

clintonhall

Post by clintonhall » 09 Jul 2013, 09:33

Glad to see you are on it... I was considering helping out here.... But got a few other projects on the run (putting nzbget onto some soon to be commercially available products ;) )

BTW... Loving v11.0 stable... Working great of a few different products :)

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 11 Jul 2013, 21:42

TurboSort has been replaced by the new script VideoSort discussed in the topic [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting.

TurboSort will no longer be developed.