[REQ] eBook Kindle PPScript

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
miteepingwin

[REQ] eBook Kindle PPScript

Post by miteepingwin » 31 May 2013, 14:28

I think the new modular PPScript feature is great! The only issue is that I'm not much of a coder, so I'm looking for a little help:

I want a PPScript that I can apply to my eBooks category that, upon successful download, will check for .mobi format and e-mail the file to a specific e-mail address. If .mobi doesn't exist, send an e-mail to a different address with a status of: "No .mobi for <book>" and list the files downloaded. If successful, also send the status report (AKA Do the same as existing EMail.py)

The purpose of this would be to add automatically an eBook to your Kindle Cloud collection via Amazon Docs, which works by sending the document to your <user>_25@amazon.com address. There should probably be support for multiple e-mails to be sent if multiple .mobi files are found i.e. a collection.

If anyone is interested in creating this, it would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will look into this myself to see if I can modify the existing Email.py script to fit my needs.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [REQ] eBook Kindle PPScript

Post by hugbug » 01 Jun 2013, 13:39

To make things easier I suggest a simplification: the script should only e-mail books. Instead of sending the status e-mail from the eBook-script you can use the default EMail-script which you then activate in addition to eBook-script.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 01 Jun 2013, 15:43

I've written this script for you.

miteepingwin

Post by miteepingwin » 03 Jun 2013, 13:08

Perfect! Thank you!