[PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
useless

Re: [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Post by useless » 06 Feb 2018, 07:03

hi!

i have a problem with video-sort...
i think the dir-permissions are not set right:
"VideoSort: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'volume1'"

what can i do?
(i have to say, that i'm a beginner at unix-syntax...)

thank you!

best regards
rt

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 06 Feb 2018, 14:33

"volume1" doesn't look like a proper path. Paths should start "/". What paths are entered in VideoSort settings?

useless

Post by useless » 06 Feb 2018, 17:01

thanks!

that was the prob!

fernmac2

Post by fernmac2 » 02 Mar 2018, 10:16

Hi all, I post to the forum because all my attempts failed.

I am running Sonarr along with nzbget both up to date. Everything is running great except for this damn post processing. I finally got videosort running and my movies are working great. The problem is when it comes to TV Shows.

I have two options about going about this - having nzbget post process or videosort post process. I can get videosort to properly process all TV Shows but then sonarr doesn't realize the file has been moved and still shows up in the series as "missing from disk". Also, I'm worried that without sonarr doing the post processing, it won't know when to re-download a bad file but I could be wrong on that. I've tried every option i can think of in sonarr settings to disable or enable completed download handling/drone factory but as long as videosort does the final step, sonarr doesn't realize it's completed.

Other option is to have sonarr do the post processing (would prefer) but I can't figure out how to keep videosort ON for movies and OFF for TV Shows... it seems so easy but I haven't figured it out. I guess I am doing something wrong with categories and/or paths.

Please could someone help me, I´ve been trying for a week now.
Thank you

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 02 Mar 2018, 12:39

If you put VideoSort into global option Extensions it is executed for all files except for files having some category assigned and if that category in NZBGet have its own non-empty Extensions configured.

Therefore to configure post-processing differently either movies or series must have a separate category (or both).

If you already have VideoSort in global Extensions, then for category which you use for series you MUST configure Extensions, to make sure it's not empty. For example you can select Logger-script which doesn't do any harm.

Alternatively you can configure a category for movies and select VideoSort there keeping global Extensions free of VideoSort.

Note: any changes in settings made to Extensions have no effect on files which are already in queue. Each queued item has it's own list of active extensions. That list is configured the moment nzb is added to queue, that's the moment where settings play the role. You can click on a queued item, then on button "Postprocess" to see which extensions are active for that item.

fernmac2

Post by fernmac2 » 02 Mar 2018, 18:04

Thank you so much, I will give it a try when I come home.
I appreciate your help.

igiddyuup

Post by igiddyuup » 12 Apr 2018, 17:21

So I don't know much about paths on linux. I'm using nzbget on my Readynas 204. The sort script works fine by default but I need to change the destination folder.

Currently it has a destination of:
/home/user1/nzbget/downloads

I want it to have a destination of:
/data/Videos

And movies go into one folder and tv shows go into another. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm also having issues with permissions on the files/folders.

barenaked

Post by barenaked » 15 Apr 2018, 07:58

Set up categories in nzbget and videosort will move the files accordingly. I have set up a lot of categories and they all work just fine with the script. Just make sure to leave the 4 directory settings in videosort empty! Correctly set categories are necessary.

In your case categories could look like this

For movies:
name: movies
destdir: /data/Videos/movies

For TV shows:
name: TV shows
destdir: /data/Videos/tvshows

In videosort just define movies and TV shows to your liking. Mine are set like this:

Moviesformat: %t/%t
Seriesformat: %sn/Season %0s/%sn - S%0sE%0e - %en

igiddyuup

Post by igiddyuup » 16 Apr 2018, 11:47

barenaked wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 07:58
Set up categories in nzbget and videosort will move the files accordingly. I have set up a lot of categories and they all work just fine with the script. Just make sure to leave the 4 directory settings in videosort empty! Correctly set categories are necessary.
I thought videosort was supposed to be able to move the files for you, so you don't have to do those settings inside of nzbget. The point is I don't want my incoming directory to be the same as the sorted directory. So it downloads to one folder then videosort renames and moves it to the appropriate folder. Or can videosort only move things within the download directory?

zoobinethw

Post by zoobinethw » 20 Apr 2018, 13:47

Hey,

So currently I have NZBGet working and I'm trying to get the videosort script working. I get an error on finish "Post-process-script videosort/VideoSort.py for That.70s.Show.S01E19.1080p.BluRay.x264-FilmHD failed (terminated with unknown status)"

Hoping you guys can help. Can you take a look at my settings and see what might be wrong? I'm fairly new the NZBGet.

Videosort settings - https://cl.ly/r2tH
Categories settings - https://cl.ly/r2eA
Extension Scripts - https://cl.ly/r2iI

Let me know if you need to see anything else.