[PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Post by hugbug » 12 Jul 2019, 20:38

Please activate option Verbose in VideoSort, download such nzb and then post the log of this nzb - click on history item, then button "Log", then button "Save to file". Upload the log to pastebin.com and post the link here.

BlindFish

Post by BlindFish » 13 Jul 2019, 15:39

hugbug wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 20:38
Please activate option Verbose in VideoSort, download such nzb and then post the log of this nzb - click on history item, then button "Log", then button "Save to file". Upload the log to pastebin.com and post the link here.
Thanks for having a look:
https://pastebin.com/RMzAjEAJ

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 13 Jul 2019, 18:44

It seems the option Verbose of videoSort still isn't active; the log doesn't include verbose message.

BlindFish

Post by BlindFish » 14 Jul 2019, 16:47

hugbug wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 18:44
It seems the option Verbose of videoSort still isn't active; the log doesn't include verbose message.
Sorry for that. However, Verbose switch was set to "Yes". I've reset it and re-started the nzbget service and processed another download, you can find it here:

https://pastebin.com/AM3JBebR

Hopefully the required information is included this time.

wilberfan

Post by wilberfan » 19 Jul 2019, 22:09

I've just finished building a new media server and installing NZBGet. It ran (successfully) on my old machine for YEARS--which means it's been YEARS since I've installed & configured it.

I cannot, for the life of me, get VideoSort to run successfully--despite trying for over an hour.
VideoSort: Could not start /storage/media/NZBGet/scripts/videosort/VideoSort.py: Permission denied
I wish I knew what kind of permission it wanted!

The owner:group of /storage/media is wilberfan:users. (And wilberfan is in the nzbget group.)
The owner:group of /storage/media/NZBGet is nzbget:nzbget

Everything inside of /NZBGet is nzbget:nzbget (including /scripts) and the scripts dir has rwxrwxrwx permissions on it. VideoSort.py has rwxrwxr-x permissions on it... Everything inside the ../scripts/videosort dir has rwxrwxr-x

NZBGet is running as user nzbget...

[edit] I don't know how I stumbled on the solution: The directory /storage is a separate partition. I didn't mount it with "exec" in the options in fstab. I love Linux, but sometimes I HATE Linux! ;-)

zxed

Post by zxed » 23 Jul 2019, 12:49

I've been having a strange issue with a series containing the word "FINAL". For some reason, VideoSort removes that word from the title. For example:

A file named "Final Word x264 720p etc.mkv" passes through VideoSort and becomes "Word x264 720p etc. mkv".

Is there some way to fix this?

ng4ever

Post by ng4ever » 07 Oct 2019, 03:35

Stupid question what would I use in nzbget for SABnzbd tv show format like this please ?

%sn/%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext

flangebasket

Post by flangebasket » 13 Oct 2019, 16:24

recently started using Videosort to move files rather than just rename obfuscated files.

whilst moving movies to one directory works fine for my setup, I need to send tv shows to different destinations depending on title, is it possible to do this with some sort of whitelist?

eg:
The Blacklist S01E01 would go to share\Parents Series\Blacklist
Adventure Time S01E01 would go to share\Kids Series\Adventure Time

currently sorting manually but wondered if it could be automated. thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 13 Oct 2019, 16:39

Your downloads need to have different categories. Then you can use DestDir of the category in VideoSort. Alternatively you can make a copy of VideoSort (or a symlink if you run it on Linux or macOS) in scripts-directory and configure the second VideoSort with other paths. One category is processed by one VideoSort and the other category is processed by second VideoSort, use option Extensions of each category.

With two VideoSorts it is enough to have only one category (for kids) and left other nzbs with empty category (if you don‘t use categories now).

One way or another the nzbs need to be categorized before they are downloaded, at least nzbs for kids. This can also be automated depending on how your nzbs get added to nzbget. For example a scan-script (executed when a new nzb is about to be added to queue) can test nzb-name for certain keywords and sets category accordingly.

scroll1

Post by scroll1 » 18 Nov 2019, 05:45

Hi,
I'm having trouble running the script in a docker on my unraid server.
The error message I get in the logs is:

Mon Nov 18 15:28:55 2019 INFO Executing post-process-script VideoSort/VideoSort.py for Panorama.S2018.E14.Getting.A.Fair.Trial.WEB-DL.x264-JIVE
Mon Nov 18 15:28:55 2019 INFO VideoSort: File "/data/scripts/VideoSort/VideoSort.py", line 814
Mon Nov 18 15:28:55 2019 INFO VideoSort: ep_prefix = episode_separator if episode_num_all <> '' else ''
Mon Nov 18 15:28:55 2019 INFO VideoSort: ^
Mon Nov 18 15:28:55 2019 INFO VideoSort: SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Mon Nov 18 15:28:55 2019 ERROR Post-process-script VideoSort/VideoSort.py for Panorama.S2018.E14.Getting.A.Fair.Trial.WEB-DL.x264-JIVE failed (terminated with unknown status)

The error points to the symbols <> before "else"
I'm running version 8 of the script
python v 2.7.16
and I have pip installed guessit

thanks for any help