[PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
DyArt

Re: [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Post by DyArt » 27 Oct 2013, 12:35

Is it also possible to add the option to directly run synoindex -a on the new generated folder. Normally i run an script to do this but the script doesn't know the new folder name. This can be very helpfull for all with an synology nas.

bgoldie

Post by bgoldie » 27 Oct 2013, 15:33

DyArt wrote:Is it also possible to add the option to directly run synoindex -a on the new generated folder. Normally i run an script to do this but the script doesn't know the new folder name. This can be very helpfull for all with an synology nas.
You can amend the script to use FinalDir, which is the renamed folder location.

wilberfan

Post by wilberfan » 03 Nov 2013, 20:44

Been trying to get better video sorting working on my Mac OS X (10.6.8). It seems to be having trouble finding guessit. Where/how, exactly, should it be installed?

Thanks in advance!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 03 Nov 2013, 21:01

Nothing needs to be installed extra. Just unpack VideoSort.zip into ppscripts directory and it should work. Post error messages or complete log here.

wilberfan

Post by wilberfan » 03 Nov 2013, 22:16

hugbug wrote:Nothing needs to be installed extra. Just unpack VideoSort.zip into ppscripts directory and it should work. Post error messages or complete log here.
Huzzah! It seems to have worked! The DeleteSample script isn't working, but that may be because the sample is already gone when that script get's exectuted... Thanks for the tip! :mrgreen:

Jonaman

Post by Jonaman » 18 Nov 2013, 22:24

Hello

I installed this videosort script and it seems to work, however some of the original filename has been left in the renamed file.
The original filename/downloadpath as downloaded by nzbget was "Breaking.Bad.S05E07.Sagen.Sie.meinen.Namen.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264-iNTENTiON"

The videosort Script successfully renamed and moved the file to the Season 5 of my Breaking Bad directory, but left "German Dl" in it, the whole name now is "Breaking Bad - S05E07 - Sagen Sie Meinen Namen German Dl.mkv".

Is there a way to remove the "German Dl" automatically?

Thanks
Jonaman

wilberfan

Post by wilberfan » 27 Nov 2013, 01:37

I'm getting the following syntax error on my Arch Linux machine:

Code: Select all

Executing post-process-script videosort/VideoSort.py for The.XXXXXX.S25E05.HDTV.XviD-AFG
INFO    VideoSort:   File "/home/wilberfan/.nzbget/ppscripts/videosort/VideoSort.py", line 665
INFO    VideoSort:     ep_prefix = episode_separator if episode_num_all <> '' else ''
INFO    VideoSort:                                                       ^
INFO    VideoSort: SyntaxError: invalid syntax
ERROR   Post-process-script videosort/VideoSort.py for The.XXXXXX.S25E05.HDTV.XviD-AFG failed (terminated with unknown status)
Is this a python2 vs python3 thing, perhaps? Cuz I have python2 installed... Maybe it's not being properly called...?

[EDIT]: That, indeed, was the problem. I changed the first line of the script from

#!/usr/bin/env python
to

!#!/usr/bin/env python2
and all is well... :-)

minamhere

Post by minamhere » 02 Dec 2013, 04:20

Does VideoSort handle multi-part movies? I have a few videos that are separated into "Movie Name Part 1" and "Movie Name Part 2". It looks like VideoSort handles these in a way that causes them both to get renamed to "Movie Name", which causes part 2 to overwrite part 1.

Ideally, it would detect that each file is a part of a larger movie and rename appropriately, or at least expose a variable that I can use to rename them. Plex prefers multipart videos to go into a subfolder, so that might prove additionally challenging.

Basically, this would be ideal:

Single part movie:
~\movies\Movie Name (2013).mkv (No subdirectory for single part movies)

Two part movie:
~\movies\Movie Name (2013)\Movie Name (2013) - part1.mkv
~\movies\Movie Name (2013)\Movie Name (2013) - part2.mkv

Thoughts?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 02 Dec 2013, 10:11

You've got a multipart video in 2013? I haven't seen them for years.

There is no nice renaming for multipart video files. The second file should be saved as "Movie Name (2)", unless you have option "Overwrite" active in VideoSort, in which case the second file overwrites the first.

minamhere

Post by minamhere » 04 Dec 2013, 14:10

Movies like "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" were released in multiple formats. Once as a single movie, and once as a 2 part "extended edition". It doesn't seem like the two movies are just split, they both have full title and credit sequences. They really are just separate movies, but I was worried that they would overwrite each other since the first one got renamed without any "part" in the name. No worries though, there are very few movies like this, and its easy enough to manually rename them.

Thanks!